Tips for making healthy choices when dining out?

Options
2»

Replies

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    I'm in the UK, I think it's easier in the US to ask for things on the side, what meals can you ask for things on the side anyways, surely not many.

I know what you mean.

Here in the UK can you imagine their faces if you asked for a takeout box for your leftovers? (anywhere other than a pizza place that is...) Having said that, I don't think we get the humongous portions sometimes served in the US
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I generally eat what I want when we eat out, because we don't do it that often. I try to time it for days I do a long run, so I feel less guilty, but that doesn't always work out. Where my calories add up is usually the bread that comes with the meal, if it's good, and the beer or two I drink before. Otherwise fish or steak isn't that fattening and I love both. If I get a potato, I avoid getting a loaded potato, since that adds a lot of extra calories. But I'll still enjoy it. Even lasagna isn't that bad if you don't eat a lot of bread with it.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I don't go out to eat very often because it's expensive. I only went out to eat once this month. So I don't really worry about it too much. When I went out I logged my food and it came out to 1600 calories. I tried to eat pretty light the whole day beforehand and planned on going over a bit.

Large portion sizes don't bother me. If I'm paying a bunch of money to eat somewhere I better be getting a lot of food lol