On Day One have a couple questions

Options
Here I am at day 1 still have almost 300 calories available to eat as it was a rough day and Lunch was not good a small bag of chips and slice of ham. But my fats are at like -11 do you all really worry about all numbers or just the calories? Or is it not as big of a deal in the beginning I'm doing good on all other number except water is at 0 right now I'm a huge diet coke drinker so have to get that down again. Any advise would be great or your thoughts.

Replies

• Ckezar1
    Ckezar1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarahbums That's what I was thinking but also no water is always better for you and in the hot months it's easy for me to down a lot long as it's really cold LOL
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I only really drink water at the gym, I get my fluids from endless cups of tea haha.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Fats are an essential macronutrient. They’re essential to health, but not to body composition
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I would take one thing at a time. Focus on getting comfortable with your calorie goal first, then if you want to work on other areas, set a goal for your macros or water intake or exercise etc. I set personal macro goals for my own health status but I use this as more of a guideline rather than a strict rule. Being in range of my daily calorie deficit goal is my main priority.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I would turn that upside down - think of your project as if you were building a house. You are the owner builder, the calories is your contractor, and the macros and your water and the gym and the meal schedule, are all the bricklayers and carpenters and interior decorators. So what's important here is you, the building you want. You have hired a great contractor, which means you have set your calorie target just right for your height, weight, age, sex and daily activity level. Then you make all the little workers work for you. If they start to get fussy, lazy, act up, complain about immaterial stuff, or don't even show up on the construction site in the morning, you don't bow and say you're sorry or go to their house with chicken soup, your contractor calls them and yell at them and get their *kitten* moving. Forgot to add, this is important: If they're completely unsuited, they get fired.

If that was too silly, just think about this: What's the overarching principle of weightloss? That's calorie deficit over time.