Video Software

Options
I want some decent video editing software and I’m willing to pay for it. I just don’t know what to buy, those of you who do photoshop and *kitten*, what do you use? Does it work with videos? Halo!

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    depends on what you're wanting to do with it...like you just wanna upload some YouTube vids? or is this meant to be something you're gonna keep offline to show the kids someday instead?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Like YouTube, skits and junk
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Like YouTube, skits and junk

the default YouTube dashboard editing stuff isn't bad honestly...but you're at the mercy of your Internet provider and the processing time can take forever depending on the length of the videos.

I'd say give it a try though...you can keep the videos private until you're satisfied with how they look too so no big loss or embarrassment if you end up hating your first one
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    My husband likes Vegas Pro. He personally uses VP 10, but Wal-mart has MAGIX Vegas Pro for $105. It does editing, special effects, Hi-res video & audio editing. Supports most video formats. We chose VP because of all the support videos on youtube showing you how to use it...it is pretty much fool proof.

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Free programs I use:

Photo editor: https://www.gimp.org/

Video editor: https://www.openshot.org/
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Who is your face swapped with? Vaguely familiar...and so very disturbing...as all of them are!
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Premiere is good, but like all things Adobe, it costs an arm and a leg.

You can give OpenShot a try, it's free and it looks really good feature-wise.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    What about exclusively for chrome OS?
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Not familiar enough with ChromeOS. Isn't those apps only? Try doing a search for video editors on google play.