Spider pics for those who like spider pics

Options

Replies

• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    I actually quite like them! Thanks for sharing, @Versicolour. How many do you have in total?

I don't have any spiders with names, they're just tiny tenants in the bathroom... and they're staying there because they eat up other things which might come the way of the window.

BUT LOOK AT THIS. All it needs is love.
    dhipaweza8v4.jpg

Aw!! Cutie pie!! I love the jumping spiders, they are so adorable!

I only have one at the moment but at one point I had 27. As much as I love them I am not a very good spider mom apparently. In fact there are some that just vanished without a trace so they may very well be living fat and happy in the garden

Wow, 27 is a lot. It mustn't have been easy to care for all of them.
    Now I got this image of a few spiders skipping towards the garden and singing ”I want to break free”.
    😂 I like that image it is much better than mine!

Yeah, it was too much to handle, especially while taking care of a toddler and a new born! It got the the point where I wouldn't have time to check on each one individually and so would just chuck their crickets in and move on. They are particularly vulnerable during and after their molt and I think some of them got killed by the crickets when I fed them. 😭

Oh, I'm sorry.. that's completely against nature :( Poor things.

I have the same trouble with plants. I offset so much (usually succulents) that I end up with way too many and at times just skip checking, pour some water every now and then and move on. This is how I lost an entire tray to mites recently :/
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I actually quite like them! Thanks for sharing, @Versicolour. How many do you have in total?

I don't have any spiders with names, they're just tiny tenants in the bathroom... and they're staying there because they eat up other things which might come the way of the window.

BUT LOOK AT THIS. All it needs is love.
    dhipaweza8v4.jpg

Aw!! Cutie pie!! I love the jumping spiders, they are so adorable!

I only have one at the moment but at one point I had 27. As much as I love them I am not a very good spider mom apparently. In fact there are some that just vanished without a trace so they may very well be living fat and happy in the garden

Wow, 27 is a lot. It mustn't have been easy to care for all of them.
    Now I got this image of a few spiders skipping towards the garden and singing ”I want to break free”.
    😂 I like that image it is much better than mine!

Yeah, it was too much to handle, especially while taking care of a toddler and a new born! It got the the point where I wouldn't have time to check on each one individually and so would just chuck their crickets in and move on. They are particularly vulnerable during and after their molt and I think some of them got killed by the crickets when I fed them. 😭

Oh, I'm sorry.. that's completely against nature :( Poor things.

I have the same trouble with plants. I offset so much (usually succulents) that I end up with way too many and at times just skip checking, pour some water every now and then and move on. This is how I lost an entire tray to mites recently :/

Yeah. Now I prefer my spiders free range 😋 I have a button spider by the kitchen sink. We have an understanding. She eats well in summer
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    :):):)
    87o0ezhtmsbu.jpg
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    mekc0eci3cg8.jpg
    Kaelan as a sling

That's adorable
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    1s4j4z4873aw.jpg

Not a spider but gloria belongs here
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    76cnljfrhq9s.png

Lucas.

I have a pic of wormie... but he's not a spider ...or Ben...we need a creatures thread
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    @mustacheU2Lift I like Gloria! It looks like a fluffness.

Also this belongs here.
    t2re7maejeic.gif
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I pick them up with a tissue and gently put them outside....I don't mind them, just not in my space....
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I saw a lot of spiders in Costa Rica. The first was the Golden Orb Spider, believe, and the second is the Bird Eating Spider *gasp*. Not the best pic.

fh69jy0eq8y2.jpg

s7hbobyk82r0.jpg

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the spider thread... for all your spider viewing enjoyment.

If you don't like spiders, why did you come in here?? Morbid curiosity? I can work with that! Enjoy

Is it sad that I can identify almost every single one of your tarantulas because I used to have the same ones at one point?

Cobalt Blues are my favorite, but Tiger Rumps were a close second. :heart:

vfcapbbcxmc6.jpg

• nooshi713
    Options
    ^^^ So cool
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    7fbbdnk45cfo.jpg
    Golden Orb web spider (not mine to name)

I have two of these in my garden that have grown to unexpected size! My gf won't even go near the garden now haha
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I saw a lot of spiders in Costa Rica. The first was the Golden Orb Spider, believe, and the second is the Bird Eating Spider *gasp*. Not the best pic.

fh69jy0eq8y2.jpg

s7hbobyk82r0.jpg

I loved seeing all the spiders in Costa Rica! They were so cool!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the spider thread... for all your spider viewing enjoyment.

If you don't like spiders, why did you come in here?? Morbid curiosity? I can work with that! Enjoy

Is it sad that I can identify almost every single one of your tarantulas because I used to have the same ones at one point?

Cobalt Blues are my favorite, but Tiger Rumps were a close second. :heart:

vfcapbbcxmc6.jpg

Not sad at all. They make our lives richer ❤️
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    gb48nkqwypyl.jpg
    yibvfw6kft4k.jpg
    Fuzzy molting

I think this is pretty cool. If you never seen a spider molting. You go to bed and get up the next morning. You would think you had two spider's. I also liked watching them eat. I haven't own a spider in year's
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    n9qn9elgwd1f.png
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    @mustacheU2Lift I like Gloria! It looks like a fluffness.

Also this belongs here.
    t2re7maejeic.gif

Haha...this is what my son believes they do when we sleep.
  • nooshi713
    Options
    7fbbdnk45cfo.jpg
    Golden Orb web spider (not mine to name)

I have two of these in my garden that have grown to unexpected size! My gf won't even go near the garden now haha

Coolness.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Yuuuuuck!!!! I got the eeebee jeebees! :s