Options
2»

Replies

• Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Emi1974 wrote: »
    Super obese sounds better than morbidly obese to me. I hate the word morbid. You have done so well :) , now let's get out of this category as fast as possible :)
    Well, yes; and the cape-&-tights "Superobese Superhero" costume is more fun to imagine than the Goth Undertaker outfits.

But, other than that, "Morbid" beats "Super" all around.

If I lose 0.5% to 1% of my weight per week, I can plan on being "Morbid" until sometime between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day. Then I'll become "Severe," and can pretend-dress-up as a Spartan Schoolmarm. :o;)

Severe does offer some potential for interesting props! Crack that whip!
    LOL, I hadn't thought of that!

I was thinking schoolteachers (like my parents) and Mennonites (like some of my parents' more dourly religious friends). I like your (completely unreminiscent of my parents) line of thought much better! ;)

• 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations keep it up
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I thought morbid is the limit. Isnt that the end?
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    ah, the BMI over 60 - I was very glad to leave that behind... It get's more exciting as you drop from Morbidly to merely Obese and then... Overweight. Gratz!! And keep up the great work!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Options
    Aaaaaah!! Congrats! That is SUPER EXCITING! I love your spirit. :smiley:

Listen. @Evelyn_Gorfram

NO CAPES. ;) THEY'RE DANGEROUS.

o0idb04fkijq.gif

IF YOU MUST THEN WATCH THIS EDUCATIONAL GIPHY

dj1zw5jjjn2q.gif

/brought to you by Edna, master of costumes
    (To be fair, that's what happens to you anytime you fly directly in front of an operating jet engine, regardless of of how you're dressed.)

• qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wanna know the best part of weight loss? The longer you stick at it - the easier it becomes! Therefore as you slide down the BMI chain the easier it becomes.

You got dis!!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep going and let us know when you reach your next milestone. Great work!
  • firlena227
    firlena227 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's awesome! Looking forward to the Trunchbull style severe uniform!! :)
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    edited September 2018
    Options
    firlena227 wrote: »
    Well done, that's awesome! Looking forward to the Trunchbull style severe uniform!! :)
    LOL!

I confess I had to look up "Trunchbull," but now I want a gray "1972 Olympics" hoodie to celebrate when I reach BMI = 40. B)

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaah!! Congrats! That is SUPER EXCITING! I love your spirit. :smiley:

Listen. @Evelyn_Gorfram

NO CAPES. ;) THEY'RE DANGEROUS.

o0idb04fkijq.gif

IF YOU MUST THEN WATCH THIS EDUCATIONAL GIPHY

dj1zw5jjjn2q.gif

/brought to you by Edna, master of costumes
    (To be fair, that's what happens to you anytime you fly directly in front of an operating jet engine, regardless of of how you're dressed.)

TRUTH. hehe
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Celebrate every victory no matter how silly it sounds.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Options
    Wanna know the best part of weight loss? The longer you stick at it - the easier it becomes! Therefore as you slide down the BMI chain the easier it becomes.

You got dis!!!
    Thanks so much! I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement. <3

Although I'm not sure whether the part about it "getting easier" will work out that way. Sure, I'll get more accustomed to weighing and logging my food, so that will be easier; and more accustomed to exercise, so that won't be nearly so daunting. But:

- I'm eating 1950 Cals/day and losing weight. People at my goal weight, with their teensy little BMR's, may well be looking at that number with hot-eyed envy.

- Losing water weight those first two weeks is extra fun when you're very obese: I lost 7 lbs the first week, and 6 lbs the next. There are plenty of people here on MFP who have been working hard for a long time to safely lose 13 lbs.

- I've just finished my third week, and I lost a full 1% of my body mass: 3 lbs. People who weigh only 150 lbs can't safely lose even half that much per week. (As it is, if I lose 3lbs again this week, I'm going to want to raise that 1950 Cal/day goal.)

I'm not saying that losing weight at 300 lbs is easy: it is not. But if I ever when I do get down to under two hundred pounds, I expect I may look back at the calorie goals and loss rates above with a deep sigh of nostalgia.

However it works out, I'll be leaning on MFP for support and encouragement, so thanks again. :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    hey how awesome!!! Way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!