Best walking shoes

Options
Do you have a go to brand/ style that you feel have worked for you? I've tried champions but I felt they were so/so with comfort.

Replies

• LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I went to get my stride analyzed and they helped me pick a brand that has been a game changer for me comfort wise.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    New Balance
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    I went to get my stride analyzed and they helped me pick a brand that has been a game changer for me comfort wise.

This.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sketchers for walking for me
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I like Brooks. Started with the Ghost 8 model and currently wearing the Revel.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Nike
    Brooks
    Altra
    Hoka One One
    Saucony
    On Running
    Adidas
    New Balance

I have them all.

The best shoes for walking (IMO) are a good pair of running shoes. I do a lot of power walking and shoes made just for walking cannot take the pounding of power walking for long, but good running shoes are made to take a pounding.

I would recommend going to a running shoe store and getting evaluated for the type of shoe and then try on a bunch. The shoe should be flexible as to allow your feet to do their job, and have enough cushion for the surface that you will be using them on. They should also provide a smooth transition from heel to toe. If they cause your forefoot to slap the ground, your shins will start killing you within the first mile.

Many companies offer a 30 day trial period. Take advantage of that. The shoes may feel great when you try them on, but may be killing you at the end of a 10 mile power walk.

If you can afford it, there is certainly nothing wrong with having a few pair. I have several.

Good luck.
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Rykas have been my fav so far
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    My everyday walking shoes are Brooks Adrenaline Walkers. I run in Brooks Adrenaline running shoes. They are COMPLETELY different shoes. If you were to put on one and then put on the other, you would notice a drastic difference in fit and level of support.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I really like my brooks 😊
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sketchers! I am on my 3rd pair. I always have trouble finding comfortable walking shoes but Sketchers do not hurt my feel even the first day I wear them.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Do you have a go to brand/ style that you feel have worked for you? I've tried champions but I felt they were so/so with comfort.

I have had the best luck with Salomon Trail Runners. There are a few different styles but they are great for sidewalk but also have good traction for trails too