A Small Win Today

Options
Thirty (30) days ago tonight, I was laying in a Hospital Bed, Pondering my future. In the dark, that night, made a decision that I Deserved To Live and Love Myself.
After discharge, Everyday has been a struggle, just as it is in everyone's lives. I wanted to throw up my arms, say to Hell with all of this. But, With a lot of self Love and Encouragement, I stuck it out.

I Planned the Meals, Bought the Food, Cooked it in a Healthy way I didn't even know was available. Ate the food and Only the food on my program. All the time working with my Blood Sugar number, matching how much Insulin to take 2/3 times a day. Checking my Sugar 4x a day.

Thank God I am not working as this has become my full time job.

Today, this day, was a Break Through Moment. Fasting AM BS = 128, Lowest ever.... Two (2) hours after my Protein Packed Breakfast, BS = 101....OMG, Never have I seen that number!! Tonight BS, 2 hours after eating... Drumroll.... 148!! Perfect.

So tomorrow, I can lower my Insulin intake from 30Units of Insulin to 25 Units. Fingers Crossed and Prayers said. This is One Grateful Woman!! Who Made This Happen for Herself <3

Replies

• maureented
    maureented Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,941 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You have no idea how proud I am of you. We've never met, but I know your story. But it does not always end as fantastic as yours. Good for you for making this happen. BTW this is not a "small win" as you stated in your post. It's a HUGE WIN. You rock!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You have done a magnificent job- please continue to take care of yourself and work those Blood Sugar numbers-
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    "Who Made This Happen for Herself <3" Big win and huge applause!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!