Would this work??

Options
I have my goals to lose 1lb per week with no activity level set.
. MFP has given me 1200 calories per day.
I work a 40 hour job mamaging a cafe/bakery.
I have a wrist step counter . It calcualtes steps (of course) and mintues walked etc.

At end of each day i add half the mintues to my diary entry.

I put it under walking.

Any suggestions on what other "exercise" my work cld come under.

I do lifting heavy trays. Running around the shop. Lots of cleaning. Waitressing.

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Why not just set your activity level to match your job?

Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesperson)

or

Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. food server, postal carrier)

Then you'd not have to worry about manually adding them. Which brand is it BTW? Most apps will sync with MFP automatically.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You can do that or you can change your activity level to a more suitable one, ie active. Then you wouldn't log any of the activity you do at work.
    You'll know better in a few weeks depending on your rate of loss if you are under or over estimating calorie burn.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesperson)

or

Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. food server, postal carrier)

Then you'd not have to worry about manually adding them. Which brand is it BTW? Most apps will sync with MFP automatically.

I.cld do active. Reason i havent done that is because sometimes im not tjat busy and others i dont stop.
    Reason i added "walking" for my exercise is so the calories i add daily os different as each day is differnet

The step counter i have wont symc with MFP
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options

or

I.cld do active. Reason i havent done that is because sometimes im not tjat busy and others i dont stop.
    Reason i added "walking" for my exercise is so the calories i add daily os different as each day is differnet

What’s the range in steps between your busy and non-busy days?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    If you dont think you are active enough on a regular basis to call your activity level active but are too active to be called sedentary - which you sound far too active to be - then split the middle and call your level lightly active to allow for the average.

and like any setting, after a few weeks see what is happening - and tweak accordingly ie adjust your daily calorie limit up or down depending on real life results.

But wait a few weeks before doing this to allow for minor daily fluctuations.

Agreed. Ultimately, it's results that matter. How you wrangle the numbers to get there is up to you. But you must have the patience to give it time to separate the noise (normal fluctuations) from the trend. That's where most people fail and wind up bouncing from one method to the next, convinced nothing is working.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »

or

Busy cld be 14000
    Non busy 7500
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

or

Busy cld be 14000
    Non busy 7500

7500 would count you as being 'lightly active' and more than 10k would be 'active'
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options

or

Busy cld be 14000
    Non busy 7500

7500 would count you as being 'lightly active' and more than 10k would be 'active'

Yeah this where im getting confused on what setting to put MFP at or jist contiue adding exercise with activity levep set to seditery.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    If you dont think you are active enough on a regular basis to call your activity level active but are too active to be called sedentary - which you sound far too active to be - then split the middle and call your level lightly active to allow for the average.

and like any setting, after a few weeks see what is happening - and tweak accordingly ie adjust your daily calorie limit up or down depending on real life results.

But wait a few weeks before doing this to allow for minor daily fluctuations.

Agreed. Ultimately, it's results that matter. How you wrangle the numbers to get there is up to you. But you must have the patience to give it time to separate the noise (normal fluctuations) from the trend. That's where most people fail and wind up bouncing from one method to the next, convinced nothing is working.

Think its going to be trial and error and see.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options

or

Busy cld be 14000
    Non busy 7500

Yeah this where im getting confused on what setting to put MFP at or jist contiue adding exercise with activity levep set to seditery.

I think you're overthinking this to an extent; that difference between 14k and 7.5k steps is 200-300 calories at most. With 1lb/week bottoming out at 1200, are you sure you've selected your loss rate correctly?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

or

Busy cld be 14000
    Non busy 7500

It can be confusing, personally I would set it at lightly active knowing that you are probably burning more calories anyway which is a win win. Then after a months data and knowing by then your weekly loss you will know better what your true activity level is. e.g If you lose more than you think you should be losing that means you are burning more.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options

or

Busy cld be 14000
    Non busy 7500

It can be confusing, personally I would set it at lightly active knowing that you are probably burning more calories anyway which is a win win. Then after a months data and knowing by then your weekly loss you will know better what your true activity level is. e.g If you lose more than you think you should be losing that means you are burning more.

Ok lighlty active seems like a way to go which takes in considertion of busier day to quiet days

Which then takes me to my next question.

I have loss set at 1lb a week.

I have lost 28lbs to date. Wish to loss another 14lb.

Maybe change to 0.5lb ?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Yes you can change it to 0.5 at this stage so you mimimise the muscle loss along with the fat - it also will ease you into maintenance :smile: Congrats on your loss so far :smile:
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    Yes you can change it to 0.5 at this stage so you mimimise the muscle loss along with the fat - it also will ease you into maintenance :smile: Congrats on your loss so far :smile:

Ahh yes maintenace!! Thats going to be werid to get head round. But baby steps for a mintue.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    Thank you to everyone