I’m back! Last log in Sept 4, 2012

Options
Hi all. After a very long break, I decided to start tracking my calories again, to lose the 5 pounds I’ve gained over the last six years, and try to lose about 10 more pounds. Obviously I worked hard to keep off my initial weight loss but getting back 5 pounds Is Frustrating to me after so many years. Tracking my food intake seemed to work before so I am back at it.
I’m in it to win it!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in six years - I'd say that's nothing, well done! But welcome back!
  • JenRlcks
    JenRlcks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
    My diet choices need major improvement. I’m a great salad/ healthy foods eater everyday, but I follow it up with sugar everything.
    Which packs on the calories.

I’m half way to a healthy diet. Now I’m hoping to toss my sugar addiction and get back on track!

• pegaso6957
    pegaso6957 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia (artificial sweetener) to me it tastes just like sugar and has the same granular texture. When I am craving sugar I cut up fruit (bananas are my favorite) and sprinkle some Truvia on it. I also love oatmeal with blueberries with Truvia sprinkled on it. I swear it tastes just like blueberry pie.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing that you have only gained back 5 pounds. Welcome back!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    5lbs in 6 years - wow! you know how to maintain well :smile: and you know how to drop that weight creep too.
    All the best.

ps I've also been on this app 6 years, at maintenance for 5 (I enjoy the forum banter :smiley: )
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Maybe you'll be thrilled to hear that in the last six years, healthy eating has become much easier, partly because sugar addiction has been debunked ;)

^^ :smile: yep!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    JenRlcks wrote: »
    Hi all. After a very long break, I decided to start tracking my calories again, to lose the 5 pounds I’ve gained over the last six years, and try to lose about 10 more pounds. Obviously I worked hard to keep off my initial weight loss but getting back 5 pounds Is Frustrating to me after so many years. Tracking my food intake seemed to work before so I am back at it.
    I’m in it to win it!

I think most people would be thrilled to have such a small change over that period of time. That is less than a 10 calorie a day surplus, and if you did it without logging food then I'd call it a win, even if you want to lose it again!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I wish I was only looking to lose 15 total! Good luck! You've got this.