I'm loosing just 1kg monthly

Options
I'm loosing just 1kg in whole month. I do calories deficit and I burn 500 calories at least if not more in gym. Is been like this for year.What I'm doing wrong ? #frustrated

Replies

• Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I weight 65 kg my goal is 52kg. I'm 157cm tall and I'm on 500 calorie deficit daily and yes I use scale to measure my weight. I workout 5 times a week. Some people say is because I'm gaining muscle mass but I just don't know :(
  • Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes I use scale to measure my food. I have 13kg left to lose. I have a Garmin smart sport watch to measure calories lost in exercise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes I use scale to measure my food. I have 13kg left to lose. I have a Garmin smart sport watch to measure calories lost in exercise.

How mang calories are you eating per day?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I weight 65 kg my goal is 52kg. I'm 157cm tall and I'm on 500 calorie deficit daily and yes I use scale to measure my weight. I workout 5 times a week. Some people say is because I'm gaining muscle mass but I just don't know :(
    You have around 28lbs to lose, so a .5lb weekly loss is exactly where you have to be.

How do you know you’re at a 500cal deficit though? If you set your mfp to lose .5lbs (~.226 kilo) per week, how many calories does it give you? Has MFP set you at 1200?

Also the questions above: are you using a food scale and logging accurately? How are you measuring your exercise burns? Do you eat those calories back?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You have around 28lbs to lose, so a .5lb weekly loss is exactly where you have to be.

How do you know you’re at a 500cal deficit though? If you set your mfp to lose .5lbs (~.226 kilo) per week, how many calories does it give you? Has MFP set you at 1200?

Also the questions above: are you using a food scale and logging accurately? How are you measuring your exercise burns? Do you eat those calories back?

Good point! I forgot about that. For example it will give you 1200 if you say you want to lose 2 pounds a week and maintenance is 1500. MFP never suggests less than 1200 for women and 1500 for men.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    LKArgh wrote: »
    I'm loosing just 1kg in whole month. I do calories deficit and I burn 500 calories at least if not more in gym. Is been like this for year.What I'm doing wrong ? #frustrated

For how long? 1 kilo per month is very reasonable for most people who are not obese. You probably are not in a 500 calorie deficit due to normal logging inacuuracies, but still, it is a good pace. You will be at your goal in one year, which does not sound bad at all.

Agreed. I think your rate of loss is fine considering your size.

Don't get caught up in the oft-repeated "one to two pounds a week is a good rate of loss" thing. One to two pounds is great but it's not reasonable/sustainable/doable for everybody. Smaller people often end up losing 1-2 pounds per month.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I would say if you are losing then congratulations to you. It's always slower as you get to the end of the weight loss trail. Although I lost over 100 pounds I'd still like to have dropped another 10 (though my BMI is normal now) and never was able to.

Lots of body builders are here on the other forums. They might be more helpful for tips.