Looking for friends also on the keto diet! :]

Options

Replies

• DJtobias13
    DJtobias13 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Also looking to go Keto in the upcoming weeks... something I'm planning to try for a few months, but don't expect to make it a lifestyle. Please feel free to add me 😎
  • daroem
    daroem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I have started the Keto diet 6 days ago and coping ok so far. I have done the Atkins diet many years ago and did lose a far bit of weight but over the years have put it back on. I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic 11 months ago and have struggled to stabilise my blood sugars since despite taking medications that make me feel really ill so I’m hoping going Keto will help me one day reverse my diabetes so I’m no longer on the medication that makes me feel so ill. Would love to hear from anyone but especially any advice from diabetic members who have tried Keto as a way forward to dealing with this condition x
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    daroem wrote: »
    Hi everyone I have started the Keto diet 6 days ago and coping ok so far. I have done the Atkins diet many years ago and did lose a far bit of weight but over the years have put it back on. I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic 11 months ago and have struggled to stabilise my blood sugars since despite taking medications that make me feel really ill so I’m hoping going Keto will help me one day reverse my diabetes so I’m no longer on the medication that makes me feel so ill. Would love to hear from anyone but especially any advice from diabetic members who have tried Keto as a way forward to dealing with this condition x

come over to the low carb forum - there are several active posters there who are dealing with diabetes who are also very helpful!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto (& IF) for the last 3 months with great success. Any fellow Keto'ers are welcome to add me :)
  • akbosch42
    akbosch42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Newish here, eating keto to hopefully help with migraines (I think it might be helping???) and because then you get to eat all the GOOD food, yumm... :smile:
    friends welcome!
  • pfm430
    pfm430 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Keto today & need more motivation & help. Add me please. 😃
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    all have been added :]
  • FTgreen
    FTgreen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Looking to get back on the saddle and ride!

Add me, good luck!
  • Strawberrygrl
    Strawberrygrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I started keto on 8/12. You are welcome to add me as well. :D
  • Behxo
    Options
    nice, added!
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hey I’ve been keto for 4+ years. I only started to diet/lose weight in the last 5 months. So for the most part I have been on keto not to lose weight (and didn’t) but for optimal health. In fact I gained body fat on keto before I started counting calories 5 months ago. Looking to add more keto friends.
    v0j0mjbwijjw.png
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing a plant-heavy keto plan since April and have lost 25lbs so far. Just 75 more to go! :-) I'd love to connect with any of you so we can support each other! Add me or message me any time!
  • Strawberrygrl
    Strawberrygrl Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to add me if you would like. I have been doing keto for a month.
  • clayzmom
    clayzmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be your friend. Please add me!
  • sed6606
    sed6606 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to be added! I’m new here so I don’t know what I’m being added to but I started keto today!! Need support!
  • echoliz1
    echoliz1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would like to add you. But I don't know how lol I'm keto day 7. Have done keto before. You'll love it!
  • echoliz1
    echoliz1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nvm figured it out ;)
  • Behxo
    Options
    lol glad you figured it out :P keep the keto friends coming!
  • MargeSentYa
    MargeSentYa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do keto for last couple weeks. I am struggling to stay within my macros, even using keto meals, it’s always too much protein, too many calories, and too many carbs. I can usually hit the fat goal. Blarg. So I get frustrated at the end of the workday, when I’m hungry and want something for dinner, even something small, but it always puts me way over. All I have had by that point is keto coffee for breakfast, a cheese stick and either small pickles or 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, and a sensible keto lunch. Anyone else struggle with this?
  • Behxo
    Options
    I have been trying to do keto for last couple weeks. I am struggling to stay within my macros, even using keto meals, it’s always too much protein, too many calories, and too many carbs. I can usually hit the fat goal. Blarg. So I get frustrated at the end of the workday, when I’m hungry and want something for dinner, even something small, but it always puts me way over. All I have had by that point is keto coffee for breakfast, a cheese stick and either small pickles or 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, and a sensible keto lunch. Anyone else struggle with this?

My diary is public so if you ever need ideas feel free to look at mine... also I just recently learned to not go by the carbs but to go by net carbs. Whatever the amount of grams of fiber, subtract that from the actual carb count. So if I eat broccoli that is 3g of carbs but 2g of fiber, it'd only be 1g of net carbs. If I have 10g of chia seeds (great for breakfast, put them in the fridge overnight with some flax, almond, or coconut milk) and 10g of fiber, it's 0g of net carbs. I hope that helped!