Premium Membership

Options
Has anyone actually used the premium membership? Do you feel like its helped with the weight loss compared to the free version? Asking for a friend.... MYSELF! LOL

Replies

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Following!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    roniqua24 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually used the premium membership? Do you feel like its helped with the weight loss compared to the free version? Asking for a friend.... MYSELF! LOL

Not a help for weight loss, but it is more convenient if you track daily protein/fat minimums in grams. (You can set it to keep these numbers constant when exercise calories are added). If there are certain settings you would like to use that say "Premium only", then useful.. otherwise would be no difference.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have it. It does not help me any more than the free version did. I think it is most beneficial to people who are serious about their macro intake. I am not really one of them.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Here are the Premium settings that I know of:

Computer/Phone:
    e8ng5si6ghn1.png
    also here:
    a4fw5d0nic57.png

80uww41rn1mp.png

Phone:
    I use the custom dashboard (my quick glance shows protein, fat, fiber, calories instead of the default total calories, exercise calories, net calories remaining), and occasionally the quick add (premium allows you to quick add by macro grams rather than just calories.

From site:
    bfwnr20vg03r.png

IMO: the articles are stupid; I don't use different goals by day; the Food analysis isn't very useful (it sums up all instances of a food - so the highest ranking foods will generally be the ones you ate multiple times when viewed weekly). I don't use the calorie goals by meal or the different goals by day, but they are potentially very useful for others.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I actually use (and like) the calorie breakdown by meal. I am a big numbers/data person and I like seeing that extra break down. It helps me see if I eat a little extra at one meal, I can take it out of somewhere else. Here is a sample of what one of my days looks like.

uyqttfw55lfz.png
  • MoTvated
    MoTvated Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find that I use the premium membership to help me choose my next meal. I.e, what am I missing in terms of nutrients today?
  • roniqua24
    roniqua24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Great Insight!