Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ensure shake

2»

Replies

• Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    You'd get the same amount or more of protein from 200ml semi skimmed milk and about 100g of 0% no added sugar Greek or skyr yoghurt, for a lot less calories. Protein shakes, well, the clue's in the name-- protein should be the main component. The ones I use have 20g protein at the very least.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited September 2018
    You'd get the same amount or more of protein from 200ml semi skimmed milk and about 100g of 0% no added sugar Greek or skyr yoghurt, for a lot less calories. Protein shakes, well, the clue's in the name-- protein should be the main component. The ones I use have 20g protein at the very least.

Technically I think these are considered "meal replacement shakes". I run into the same issue with bars sometimes, thinking they are supposed to be protein bars when they are just considered "meal replacement bars" with no special emphasis on the protein (though personally I would want more than 8 or 9 grams of protein in a "meal").
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I’ll go so far as to say it’s garbage — at least for the purposes of nutrition. Cook some great, simple meals with a mix of carbs, protein and fats it will be infinitely more satisfying.