Where did everybody go?

Where did everybody go? I keep thinking about a comment I saw a couple days ago regarding the drop in activity on MFP. Please don't say it was just a fad that is now dying! DAMMIT many of us have got, and continue to get, a lot of help from this sight in becoming the fit individuals we are. I for one, DO NOT view this as a fad. Come on pals, don't quit! There is a terrible disease taking this great country over and it's obesity. In four years I've gone from being a Fat Tub of Lard because I was to lazy and uninspired to get off my fat butt and exercise. Now I'm literally half the man I once was but ten times the man I ever thought I'd be again No longer a 350 pond fat lazy slob but now a muscular 174 pound athletic individual who, once again, does not get passed by on the streets like I'm invisible, but gets noticed. (which is great when it's women!) I've gotten here through not only a lot of hard work, changes in my dietary lifestyle and a great program from Beachbody, but also with the help from all my friends here at MFP! So come on guys, please don't quit. If I could do it, ANYONE could! Have a GREAT day my friends! PXMike

Replies

• Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm almost sure people are on vacation, I know I've just been away for a week and I'm away again in another two weeks for a week :0)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    i'm still here and plan to be here for the long haul (plus i still have another 22lbs to loose)
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    It's vacation time. There's usually an increase in 'OMG - Summer is approaching and I NEED to fit into my bikini, has anyone tried raspberry ketones mixed with fairy dust to lose weight while cleansing' posts, from late May till about late July. :wink: Then, there is fewer posts in general over the summer when everyone goes on holiday!

Congrats on the fantastic transformation! :flowerforyou:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    its summer and so so nice outside, everyone is outside!
    but I am on every day, and its me that matters!
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    I feel like there are 2 high seasons on MFP- January with the new years resolutioners & the spring time with the skinny for the summertime crowd. It slows down during the fall/winter months with the holidays.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    ...I'm sitting on my sofa eating cantaloupe...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    It's ok. Calm down. Everyone is just at the beach swimming or hiking the mountains or riding their bikes or crossfitting or HIITing or speed walking or jump roping or heavy lifting or elliticaling or ......................well you get the picture :laugh:

No worries, everyone will be back when the snow hits the ground:drinker:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    using sites that are better equipped to handle logging of food and exercise is my guess. this site is too buggy.
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    i quit for the last month after 4 months of sticking to it. summer just got too hard. all my friends birthdays, my birthday, canada day, drinks on the patio, drinking every nice summer night with my friends.

luckily i only gained 3 lbs back but i'm back on track now. this place was never just a fad for me. it's going to be there for me for another year or two to come.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Never fear..they'll all be back January 1st! :drinker:
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Just because I have only 10 lbs to go, I will not stop MFP because I like the tracking of my foods and tracking exercise. I have been logging for 310 days and have no intention to stop once I hit maintenance mode. :heart:

PS: Some people got really upset with this site upgrade and all of the problems that are still going on :mad:
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    I wonder if alot went to MFP on facebook?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    It's summer in the Northern Hemisphere. Who's got time for the interwebz.

Oh, Wait. . .
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    I'm on here everyday. I don't always comment, but I log my food, and browse the posts. I plan on sticking around, this has by far been the best thing I've ever found to help me with my goals. I can't imagine trying to control my calories in maintenance without the help of the food diary.

I have a few friends that I enjoy, and their encouragement has helped me immensely.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    'has anyone tried raspberry ketones mixed with fairy dust to lose weight while cleansing'

OMG - Does this work? Where can I get it? :wink:

LMAO - That line just made my day!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    add some new friends, there are still plenty of people on MFP
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    im Stil here, lost 16 pounds, only got a few more pounds to go, but this is my way of life now, i am in it for the long haul and will not be going back to putting weight on so i will be sticking around for a long time
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    using sites that are better equipped to handle logging of food and exercise is my guess. this site is too buggy.
    Yeah, but this site by far has the best database and ease of use.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    this isn't a fad for me :glasses: good work OP!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    I'm still here, plodding away!

I really do agree with others, the sun is shining, everyone is making the most of it, they'll all be back when the clouds come.......