Starting Keto

Options
Anyone out there doing Keto and have success? I just started. Looking for some "friends" that have had success or are on this journey too.

Replies

• sml81273
    sml81273 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started too and am finding it very hard
  • amywizengamot
    amywizengamot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing it for about six weeks and it was not an easy start! I gained six pounds and have, thankfully, lost them, but the initial gain freaked me out and kind of made me mad. I mean, I am v into carbs, and having deprivation result in weight GAIN was tough to wrap my head around. I hope that you get all the support you need— good luck!
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Been doing Keto/Low Carb since January its slow going and a lot of up and downs but down 30 lbs. I follow a few facebook groups people either have amazing results or lots of stalls.
  • akazlauskas
    akazlauskas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just started, would love a fellow fitness friend
  • gillianbpagel
    gillianbpagel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've started and stopped twice over the past year. I like not feeling hungry. That is probably the biggest benefit for me. I did lose weight but gained it back after taking a long vacation and eating out too much. I am trying again! There are tons of good recipes out there and I eat lots of fresh veg.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    There’s a low-carber group in the “groups” section. You’ll find lots of help and support there. Do a search and you’ll find them.

Edited because auto-correct changes “low-carber” to “low-carver.” :neutral:
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Been doing it since April, just took two months off. And have lost 30 or so pounds!! I love Keto!!
  • Pepper00000
    Pepper00000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’ve had tons of success! Lost 20 pounds a few years ago and kept it off. I just rarely eat pasta or bread and keep my sugar low. Just don’t snack. Whole Foods mostly.