Gluten Free High Protein Vegetarian Recipe Ideas

Options
tryeye
tryeye Posts: 11 Member
Help! I could use ideas from seasoned pros. We are not eating the 12 Bad Foods (Dr Peter Glidden on YouTube) and Im having a hard time getting all the protein I need to build muscle. Thanks

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/vegan-sources-of-protein/

Don't agree (at all) with Glidden's list. Oats are amazing for you. But if you take the soy/oats out of this list, should give you ideas.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This list sounds like woo of the highest order, but if you're determined to meet these arbitrary restrictions and meet your protein needs, I recommend beans. You can also use a protein powder that is made from a type of food that's allowed on your plan -- maybe hemp, rice, or pea?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Suggestion: Expecting people that you're asking for help to search for a particular video on YouTube and then watch it and take notes to get a list of foods that you won't eat, rather than just typing out the list (which you obviously must already have) is pretty disrespectful. You're the one asking for help, but you won't take the minute to type out the list, instead of expecting each person who might help you to take five minutes to find that information?
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I make my own refried beans with red lentils and pinto beans. I follow the standard refried beans recipe but just sub lentils for half of the beans. They are high calorie because of the lentils but also high protein. I use them to make quesadillas usually adding in a little cheese onions and bell peppers for extra flavor and protein. I get 50 grams of protein for two small quesadillas.

Also chili is a good way to get some beans in which have protein.

But the real question you should research is how much protein do you really need. We have been trained to believe we need so much protein but many people are actually consuming too much protein which can perpetuate issues like clogged arteries and pre-diabetes or type two diabetes.