Coconut water?

Options
I only recently tried coconut water and love it. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but to me coconut water tastes exactly like the skim milk left in the bowl after eating Frosted Flakes. I haven't eaten Frosted Flakes for decades but that was what I thought as soon as coconut water hit my tongue. I'm sure coconut water has WAAAY less sugar in it.

Anyone agree?

Replies

• Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Try harmless coconut water!! I hated coconut water until I tried this one..it’s amazing!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Coconut water tastes like BO smells.
  • IrmaC94
    IrmaC94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't drink it, it feels slimy but I do use it in green shakes with spinach and fruit
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    What brand? I've heard differing opinions on the taste of coconut water, and it makes me afraid to try because I like sweet things and I've heard it can range from too sweet to pretty much salt water.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Coconut water is yucky
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Fresh Coconut water from the coconut is delicious!! My favorite drink. I used to like ONE but they changed the recipe at one point and then I didn't like it anymore. Harmless is good but I stopped buying it because it is expensive. I think Zico and Vitacoco are nasty, but I buy Vitacoco with either Mango/Peach or Pineapple and it is ok. Plain Vitacoco is gross. Tastes NOTHING like water from a fresh coconut.
  • randomuser101010101
    Options
    C20 brand coconut water (with pulp) seemed to come sufficiently close to fresh coconut water in taste and overall level of sweetness.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I don’t think it tastes at all like sweet milk you get after pouring cereal in.

I used to really dislike coconut water but recently I developed a taste for it. I love the pineapple flavored one. I use it as a base for my green juice and also take it to the beach with me.