dpr73 Posts: 495 Member
I am running the following split:
Power Upper
Power Lower
Upper Hypertrophy
Lower Hypertrophy
Cardio
2 Rest Days

During the week, with my schedule, i have been taking one rest day on tuesdays, such thar it goes:
Sunday PU
Monday PL
Tuesday OFF
Wednesday UH
Thursday LH
Friday Cardio/Abs
Saturday OFF

However, if I take the day off Friday and switch cardio to Saturdays instead, would it make much of a difference overall? And should I keep calories the same on Friday if I do skip and run my workout the following day? I am currently lean bulking.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Looks fine to me
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will make a significant difference, only thing is that your legs might be fresher for cardio Saturday vs. Friday giving your legs a full day to recover from your lower hypertrophy day.

Personally, I don't alter calories for workout and non-workout days, the way I calculate my TDEE it's for the average across all days in a full week so it all evens out.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    They could, depending on the fatigue of the cardio or lifts. Another thing that is concerning is how are you progressing? Program seems low frequency and unless you are untrained, I would consider adding some extra volume on the Friday or Saturday coupled wit the cardio if your lifts/volume is a bit sticky. Even some GPP wouldn't be useless.

What are you exactly doing and how hard do you perceive it to be?

If it high intensity cardio that takes a toll to recover from, I would consider how it would effect my Monday session since it would be might effect your "fresh" of carrying a heavier intensity workout. If it's easy pace riding a bike for 20-30 mins that does the job but shouldnt fatigue you, then Sat is a good option.

*edit add~ As far as cals adjustments, I would defer to the simplest way you prefer. The extra/reduced cals isn't really something to worry about unless you have a preference in regards to how you feel as far as training on less or more calories that day with adequate protien/leucine.
  • dpr73
    dpr73 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    They could, depending on the fatigue of the cardio or lifts. Another thing that is concerning is how are you progressing? Program seems low frequency and unless you are untrained, I would consider adding some extra volume on the Friday or Saturday coupled wit the cardio if your lifts/volume is a bit sticky. Even some GPP wouldn't be useless.

If it high intensity cardio that takes a toll to recover from, I would consider how it would effect my Monday session since it would be might effect your "fresh" of carrying a heavier intensity workout. If it's easy pace riding a bike for 20-30 mins that does the job but shouldnt fatigue you, then Sat is a good option.

*edit add~ As far as cals adjustments, I would defer to the simplest way you prefer. The extra/reduced cals isn't really something to worry about unless you have a preference in regards to how you feel as far as training on less or more calories that day with adequate protien/leucine.

I have been running PHUL for two weeks but feel some small gains on lifts already. I dont know how this routine could be seen as low frequency given that I lift each muscle group twice a week and that PHUL was recommended to me by everyone here as i am an intermediate level lifter...
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    dpr73 wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »

I have been running PHUL for two weeks but feel some small gains on lifts already. I dont know how this routine could be seen as low frequency given that I lift each muscle group twice a week and that PHUL was recommended to me by everyone here as i am an intermediate level lifter...

Any program will give you small gains to start with because you're sensitive to it as the programming is new to you.

I'm not downing PHUL, but there is certainly better programming and twice a week is more than likely to fizzle out on some lifts early on such as bench & squat not only for a novice but especially a post novice. If it you love it, great. I was just giving you advice so you don't stall early on some of lifts.

Have a good one.