Eating crappy = losing weight

Options
Ok guys ... I’m so confused... when I eat good - portion controlled plus my daily water and tea... I gain weight ... I also workout - cardio 36-60 mins a day.... but when I eat like total crap and workout - I lose weight... I can’t figure it out... I do suffer from pcos and ibs-c... does anyone understand what is going on??? Thanks!!

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your calories on either of those eating plans? Weight loss occurs when you consume fewer calories then you burn. It does not matter where those calories come from. Be it whole, minimally processed foods, or fast and convenient foods. If you eat less then you burn, you lose weight. If you eat more then you burn, you gain weight.
  • nesa98
    nesa98 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I set out to eat roughly 1600 calories per day - but most days I get about 1400 then calories burned from exercise is usually between 250-600 calories - I don’t usually eat over that unless I’m having one of my depressed days and I’ll eat about 2000 calories per day and that’s when I lose the weight ... I generally eat every 6 hours .... I used to be ok with eating like this and losing but lately I don’t get what I’m doing wrong
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nesa98 wrote: »
    I set out to eat roughly 1600 calories per day - but most days I get about 1400 then calories burned from exercise is usually between 250-600 calories - I don’t usually eat over that unless I’m having one of my depressed days and I’ll eat about 2000 calories per day and that’s when I lose the weight ... I generally eat every 6 hours .... I used to be ok with eating like this and losing but lately I don’t get what I’m doing wrong

If you're losing weight overall, why is it 'doing something wrong'?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I think you're just seeing normal fluctuations and don't understand them and thinking there's some tit for tat what you did yesterday correlating directly to what the scale says today. That's not how it works...