Help! Nothings happening!

Options
2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    well, from pretty accurate tracking... even weighing and measuring has a margin of error of 5-10%.... mine is off about 10%. Is that a lot? well, does not sound like that, but my maintenance, at this time, is around 3375 cals. my burns are in the 3500-3600 range 300 cals can mean the difference between gaining and maintaining. It fails to take into account a few things. they are good for getting rough...ROUGH! LOL ideas, but not the tell all. if you are not weighing food, your estimations can be 35% off or more. JMHO EDIT*** I just noticed... how many people in the USA I wonder actually weigh and measure almost all of their food? I guess we are an interesting bunch!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I find that my Apple Watch is very accurate — if anything, it underestimates my sedentary calories. (I had my RMR tested. Apple is under by 20 percent, as illustrated by that, and my actual real-life intake and weight loss data.)

But if you’re not weighing your food, you don’t really know what you’re eating. Wait a little longer — like others said, two weeks isn’t long enough to declare a plateau — and consider a scale if you still aren’t losing.