I’m 5’11, 265 lbs. it says I should be 175

My goal weight is 240, but all readings say it should be 175. I have been weight lifting for 3 yrs now and can lift heavy and watch my weight. I have a lot of muscle. I don’t know exactly how much cause my trainer uses calipers but we have come to figure out it’s roughly 27% fat. Any ladies 5’11 with good muscle?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    edited September 2018
    It does look to me as if you have a lot of muscle so your training has most certainly paid off.

I can't tell you whether 238, 208, 198, 188 or even 178 will look or feel perfect for you and at what point you will start looking lean enough to be competition ready ;-)

I CAN tell you that your muscles will POP as you start losing weight, especially if you continue training, eat your protein, and don't over-do the deficits!

<No, I am not saying that competition ready should be your goal. Your goal should be a weight where you feel good and which you are comfortable enough maintaining. I am ALSO saying that you don't have to decide TODAY what your ultimate "goal" should be. Dial in a sensible weight loss rate (say a lb or so a week) and ride it down to where you're happy!>
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    If you're healthy and happy with how you look, then I wouldn't worry about what any chart says your "supposed" to be.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    And it tells me I should be 108....I’m 5’2” on a good day lol. But I know that 108 would make me look sickly. So find your happy place. Whenever you feel good about how you look that should be your goal.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    shana5569 wrote: »
    My goal weight is 240, but all readings say it should be 175. I have been weight lifting for 3 yrs now and can lift heavy and watch my weight. I have a lot of muscle. I don’t know exactly how much cause my trainer uses calipers but we have come to figure out it’s roughly 27% fat. Any ladies 5’11 with good muscle?

How many places did your trainer measure? Because at 265lbs, to be 27% body fat, that would mean you would have 193lbs of lean body mass, which is very unlike. Heck, that is very unlikely for a male. And at 240 lbs, that would still put you about 50-60 lbs over weight.

How long have you been lifting? What kind of routine are you following?

I am not trying to discourage you, if you like what you see, than it's great. Keep going.

All of this. It would be *highly* unlikely to be that lean at an obese weight.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    craziedani wrote: »
    And it tells me I should be 108....I’m 5’2” on a good day lol. But I know that 108 would make me look sickly. So find your happy place. Whenever you feel good about how you look that should be your goal.

The "normal" weight range for 5'2" goes from about 102 to 136. I'm not surprised that you think 108 would look sickly, because it would be on the slimmer side. But you could be at a perfectly healthy weight and be in the 110s, 120s, or 130s.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    craziedani wrote: »

The "normal" weight range for 5'2" goes from about 102 to 136. I'm not surprised that you think 108 would look sickly, because it would be on the slimmer side. But you could be at a perfectly healthy weight and be in the 110s, 120s, or 130s.

Oh yeah for sure! I look healthy at about 125. I was smaller than that and was tooo skinny...
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Reach your 240 goal and reassess. If you're not happy with stopping there, think about losing to the 200 pound mark. Then reassess. You may find you are okay with 200 pounds (and wow! losing 65 pounds is an awesome accomplishment when you get there!). For me, the key was finding the ideal balance between weight and my energy levels. My supposed recommended ideal weight at 5'6" is between 118-154 pounds. I find I feel most comfortable at 140 pounds. At 136, I felt fatigued more often, so I went ahead and gained 4-5 pounds. Much better! Good luck.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    shana5569 wrote: »

Well, if that picture is current, there's no way you need to lose 90 pounds. Get to 240 and reassess.