I’m Guilty of late night snack in

I have a eight-year-old little boy who is a very picky eater but for some reason at night and being particular 12 midnight in until he always want me to come with him to have a midnight snack and when I do I notice I end up starting with one pop tart and onto three Pop tarts and night I was very disciplined I was on the keto diet plus I was very discipline intermittent fasting I definitely have to get back on track with my intimate fasting and keto diet in I care from 250 pounds down toTo 15 pounds after the late night snack and I’m back up to 220 pounds my goal is to come down to 200 pounds I know I can do it and I know you all can do it also so let’s go

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I also have a hard time not eating when I get home from work (9:40pm or 11:15pm). But I do allow myself a small snack, usually a piece of fruit or something on the healthy side. Keeping a detailed food diary EVERY DAY on MFP really helps. I leave about 100 calories for something to eat before I go to bed. We must make choices. Decide to make good choices. The scale is going down for me. I hope it does for you, too.
  • JenRlcks
    JenRlcks Posts: 9 Member
    No more sugary midnight snacks.
    If that’s your routine, then try to stick to a string cheese or fruit snack or something healthy.
    If he doesn’t like it then he’s not really hungry.
    Furthermore, stop buying him those kinds of foods. It will help you be on track, and will teach him good habits as well.

PS... brown sugar pop tarts are the devil. I love them too, just can’t buy them. I know my weaknesses.

My boys know, if Moms on a diet, everyone is on a diet in my house!!
    I’d buy them a special cereal they could enjoy, fruit snack packs,peanut butter crackers, but that’s it!

And single serve packs will leave less for you to finish when he’s done eating his share.
    Your son will adjust. Time to shop for what’s best for you. 💕
    Good luck!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I try to leave myself 200-300 calories just for evening snacks. That leaves me more than enough for the days I need a "mom sanity kit" aka a Giradelli chocolate square and a glass of wine, when needed.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited September 2018
    Its time to discourage your little boy from needing a snack that late on - he should be fast asleep! If you stop giving in to him at that time he will no longer look for the snack and neither will you.
    He might be picky but he will soon learn if he doesn't eat earlier in the evening he will have a longgg wait until his next meal - that'll soon end his picky ways. And it will solve your problem!

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    Is your son waking up around midnight, and then coming to you for a snack? Or is he still up at midnight?

If he's still up at midnight, that's the first thing you need to address. He's a growing child. He needs his rest and so do you.

Perhaps giving him a snack before bedtime (like around 8pm) will help him through the night.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    JenRlcks wrote: »
    No more sugary midnight snacks.
    If that’s your routine, then try to stick to a string cheese or fruit snack or something healthy.
    If he doesn’t like it then he’s not really hungry.
    Furthermore, stop buying him those kinds of foods. It will help you be on track, and will teach him good habits as well.

PS... brown sugar pop tarts are the devil. I love them too, just can’t buy them. I know my weaknesses.

My boys know, if Moms on a diet, everyone is on a diet in my house!!
    I’d buy them a special cereal they could enjoy, fruit snack packs,peanut butter crackers, but that’s it!

And single serve packs will leave less for you to finish when he’s done eating his share.
    Your son will adjust. Time to shop for what’s best for you. 💕
    Good luck!

Fruit is sugar. It makes very little sense to suggest she stop eating sugary midnight snacks and then in the next sentence recommend a fruit snack, especially if you meant fruit snack like fruit roll ups or such rather than a piece of fresh fruit.

Cheese is a good suggestion though. Could also try a single piece of toast with peanut butter.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    OP has left the building. I wish her and her son the best.