Intermittent fasting friends

Options
Starting intermittent fasting today! Skipping breakfast and not eating after 8pm sounds easy huh!

Anyone else do this? Looking for motivation and friends to support along the way, feel free to add.

Replies

• jdhaugh1860
    jdhaugh1860 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started about 4 weeks ago doing this method and I have to say it's a good way to lose weight. I've lost 5 kilos in that time. I used to always have a breakfast thinking it was the most important meal etc . I got used to the fast very quickly and anytime I broke it I'd be hungry again about 2 hrs later. It has stopped me from eating crap late in the evening, which when added up was nearly another meal per day !
    I drink a black coffee with a sweetener in the mornings, maybe 2 . No hunger pangs till nearly lunchtime. I eat a normal lunch and dinner without having to prep or change my portions. Still have wine or whiskey at weekend . It's kind of a lazy way of losing weight but it actually suits me. Some people love all the macros and all that stuff but I couldn't be bothered . Skipping the breakfast, not eating late, do a few walks , keep it simple.
    Best of luck.
    James
  • PenguinIsKing92
    Options
    I've been doing intermittent fasting for the past week. My schedule fluctuates where I can typical do a 20:4 or a 16:8. Recently, I'm incorporating low carb diet with a 12-14 hour fast in between. Seeing if this will help me any. Add me if you want! :smile:
  • Milfof42018
    Milfof42018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I NEED SUPPORT!!! i am trying this Keto diet and IM AHUGE SWEETS EATER!!! I AM CLUELESS AS TO HOW I CAN START AND STAY COMMITTED AND HIW DI I DO THIS IF thing?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Greetings! I NEED SUPPORT!!! i am trying this Keto diet and IM AHUGE SWEETS EATER!!! I AM CLUELESS AS TO HOW I CAN START AND STAY COMMITTED AND HIW DI I DO THIS IF thing?

Stop shouting. If your goal is weight loss, keto is just a way to eat less, IF is just a way to eat less.

You stay committed when you have discipline and are calm, and to have discipline and calm, you need to feel trust. Sometimes the situation is so complicated and urgent, that you just have to trust the person who's telling you what to do (like parent, teacher, doctor, drill instructor, boss, fire department). But when it comes to diet, it's so simple that it's hard to mess up, so you can just inform yourself and pick the best direction for yourself.
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Started about 10 days ago, I eat from noon to 8pm .. lost 3lbs so far
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Ive been doing IF 16:8 most of my life. some days its 18:6 and you will only lose weight if in a deficit. I gained weight doing fasting because I ate more than my body burned. Im maintaining my weight right now and still doing IF. I will probably do it the rest of my life only because its a schedule that works for me and Im not a breakfast eater.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I started a few mnths ago eating 8-4..i lost 13 pounds but things have stalled...Im also counting cals
    I havent been hungry at all..so Ive changed it up and trying 8-3..so far so good

kim
  • MsDany_L
    MsDany_L Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I’m not familiar with this but I’m interested in trying it! Seems like a lot of people use this approach and have found success. I’d love some pointers (and friends too)! Thanks! 😊
  • dwieller34
    dwieller34 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy IF. I eat my first meal at 10am and I don’t eat after 6pm. I love (actually hate) my late night snack craving so once I trained my stomach to not crave food after 6, it’s been super helpful
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I decided to give IF a try just last week, and so far I've found that having my dinner later in the evening makes it easier to limits my late night snacking. I usually start eating after 1 pm and try to have my last snack by 9 or 10.
    I'm always happy to accept new friends!
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I’m doing 24 hour fast on M, W, F along with low carb. It seems to be working. I’m down 19 pounds in 3 weeks.
  • schmoo_08
    schmoo_08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do 16/8 IF, I've done it before but only restarted last Sunday, so far so good😊. Happy to buddy up.
  • smsal890
    smsal890 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago. I wish I could do the Noon-8pm scheduled but unfortunately I workout in the mornings and need to start eating by 10am so I stop at 6pm, so far so good. My biggest challenge is work since I’m around food and I’m there till midnight!
  • Mosstradamuz
    Mosstradamuz Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Currently at 26 pounds lost with intermittent fasting in 2 months. Intermittent fasting is the real deal for weight loss!!
  • djt4321
    djt4321 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love it. And I find that I'm holding myself more accountable. I'm also drinking (minimum) 1 gallon of water per day
  • kzzr
    kzzr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 16:8, feel free to add me :)
  • Mhamiles
    Mhamiles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Currently In my 4th week of intermittent fasting.. 💪🏻💪🏻