Question...

Options
I’ve lost 40 lbs so far and around 30 lbs lost, I noticed my tail bone/bottom in general becoming sore after sitting. Most things I sit on now are terribly uncomfortable for my bum which is slightly less padded now. The problem seems to be getting worse as I lose weight. I have another 10-20 lbs to lose (ultimate goal weight of 140-150)
Has anyone else gone through similar? Did it ever get better? Will I eventually get used to my new bum?

Replies

• 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    For me, it was my knees when I was laying down on my side. It hurt to have them one on top of the other. I ended up sometimes having a pillow between my knees while in bed. Basically I got used to it. And slept on my back and stomach more often! I don't have any tips for when one develops a bony butt. Sorry. It'd be inconvenient for you to walk around with a pillow all the time!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have the same issue, actually both issues. For my knees, I have learned to sleep a bit differently so they don’t touch. For the tailbone issue, I stand a lot more when there isn’t a cushioned chair. At friends houses, I’ll double the pad on an outdoor chair and they’ll laugh at me.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's happens to my back when I sit against chairs with hard backs.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yep my butt hurts on all solid chairs now too. But I will take that over putting all that built in cushioning back where it was.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Yes. This is what happens when you don't have the padding anymore. Bathtubs are the worst!!! Sleeping on my side is also an issue - knees and hips!!!! Knees can no longer lay on each other (painful) and my hips are lacking the padding I used to have.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    It happened to me but I got used to it and eventually, it stopped hurting.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

Same. Still can't do full sit ups on too hard a surface though.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

Same. Still can't do full sit ups on too hard a surface though.

I've decided that situps aren't good for my back anyway because they are always uncomfortable :p
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Thank goodness! A light at the end of the tunnel!
    And Yes, sleeping isn’t nearly as pleasant as it used to be. Pretty much always have to sleep with a pillow between my legs as well.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I broke my tailbone on a toilet seat after losing some weight! It was awful, embarrassing and took forever to heal to a manageable state. I’m still not 100%; not sure I ever will be as there is just no way to cast or isolate a tailbone to promote proper healing but at least I can do sit-ups again after 2 years. Prolly not what you want to hear but maybe a heads up from me will help you from doing the same to yourself.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    The biggest issue I have is the hard plastic lounge chairs by the pool. They hurt my butt!