Looking for support

Options
Hello there, I’m finding it very difficult at my age to loose weight, I’m 36 and have lost some since I’ve been on this app for 15 days I think, not much tho. I’m 5’9 and I use to weigh 188 and down to 185. I’m trying to loose and get toned up. Looking for motivation and guidance on the right path to success. Every bit helps.😉

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The right path to success is knowledge, patience and realistic expectations! Age is not a factor in weightloss, and you're 36?! 15 days is not enough to see a trend. You lose weight over time when you eat less than you burn, consistently and for real. So how are you logging your food intake?
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    Options
    I eat under my goal almost all the time, I go to the gym about 4 times a week and I try to eat lots of protein and less of the bad stuff.
    I’ve actually been on here 19, I checked again. I know it’s not a fast process and it takes time but I feel like I’m stuck on the same weight for to long. I always log in my meals and complete them and I put down exactly what I eat every time.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The more important question is how much you think you should be losing and upon what you base that expectation?
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    Options
    I need to loose 33 lbs, a healthy weight for my height would be 163 or a little less like 155. A pound each week seems reasonable enough to me but like I said I’m stuck in the one sport, I guess I’ll have to be patient lol, such a pain.
  • sarahjanes25
    sarahjanes25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eating under your goal most days won’t help. I learnt this the hard way.
    MFP works out how many calories you should have to lose 1 or 2lb a week. Eat all you calories. Every single one. And eat back your exercise calories.
    I started doing this and I’ve lost 42lb so far!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn’t long enough to be stuck.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number and has nothing to do with losing weight (there's countless older people on here, including me who can attest to that). Losing weight takes time, longer than we ever think unfortunately. If you're accurately tracking your intake just trust the system because if you're eating at calorie deficit you will lose.
  • bodyofartsandmuscle
    Options
    I do realize it takes time, I’m not stupid and I think some of you might think I am or I don’t know what I’m talking about. I’ve lost tons of weight before 25 lbs to be exact. This was two years back working two jobs at the time and jogging every chance I had since I had no membership to the gym. It took me 6 months to loose the weight which would be perfectly normal loosing time, that’s with eating clean and doing home exercises as well. Since winter was just around the corner I had no gym at time and gained all that weight back. I’ve noticed since I’m a little older it may take more time to loose, some people are different when it comes to loosing weight and are able to burn fat off more easily. Regardless I’m seeing results and I feel like I’m on the right path, I was stuck in one spot but I’m seeing progress. thanks anyways. I will succeed😉, I know this for a fact! Good luck to you all.