Fish & Chips; healthy options?

Options
At work on Friday's we all put in for Fish and Chips.
Is there any healthy options or should I just steer clear?

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Have some but pack up half for another meal. Most places you order from won't have healthy fish and chips (not if they fry them anyways).

Pack up half right away and pop into the fridge until you go home. Less calories at that meal and than you have enough for another meal. When you want to cook the leftovers at home take a baking tray, add in a cooling rack (or use the broiler pan that comes with the oven if you still have it), lay the leftover fish and chips on top than bake until warm. It will make it so they aren't soggy and it will let some of the grease drip down.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    There's nothing unhealthy about freshly made fish and chips. I just had my semi monthly a few days ago. Damn she make the best.:happy: .
  • emarose90
    Options
    I believe you can ask for fish without the batter - so you're just getting the meat. Maybe pack up your own sides too if you're concerned aboyt the chips - a big salad or some sliced veggies with hummous?

Personally I'd go mental if I could never have fish and chips. I'm not too sure about having it every week mind, but if you just HAVE to have it, eat it. Just don't have a mountain on your plate :laugh: Take a sensible portion and enjoy it. Done.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well you can make it semi healthy at home, but out, not really. I'd blow my calories for a good one, but in my opinion, in the US there's no fish and chips worth it. I remember some good ones in England though!