Need cheering up

Options

Replies

• tri2become1
    tri2become1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of waking up hating myself. I feel fat, unattractive, depressed and with zero self esteem. Can someone please tell me anything to make me want to get through this day?

I really hate correcting people, but sometimes, it just has to be done...

1) You're not fat, 2) You're not unattractive, 3) If you want to cut back on wine, share a glass with ME! :D
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You are loved. You are worth it. And you can do it. Your existence is so vital, and you make this world that much better of a place. So don't give up - we need you.

If you need someone to talk to, I am more than willing to listen. I hope I helped at least a little. <3
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're worth it
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Maybe joining a group....helping out in a homeless shelter or kitchen. Donating time in an animal shelter.
    Not every day but it seems that helping others benefits the spirit.... best medicine ever!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You have a gift to contribute to others...you just have to find it!
  • llaurenhagen
    llaurenhagen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You gotta keep going:) You have everyone on this app supporting you! no ones alone!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Every day and every decision you make to benefit your health and fitness and body will propel you towards inner peace.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Laura you look lovely and very young, try adding some friends on here and we can get this done forget and support each other on days that aren't going so well.good luck
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i want you to write down 5 things you like about yourself
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options

I'm funny. I'm involved in things I believe in (animal rights, combatting climate change). I'm generous. My eyes. I'm a great hostess.

I love your causes 😊
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »

I'm funny. I'm involved in things I believe in (animal rights, combatting climate change). I'm generous. My eyes. I'm a great hostess.

I love your causes 😊

Thanks! I'm actually in San Francisco right now attending Gov Brown's Global Climate Action Summit. Very exciting!
  • polish_girl
    polish_girl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What I see in your profile pic is a woman who has a beautiful soul, which shines through her pretty eyes & smile. A woman who i believe we would have together. We all have our struggles with this life we are given. We can either let the worldly life defeat us or take the day by the horns and focus on 1 thing we want to do right. When it’s turning into a hard day call that friend/friends who are truly there for you to help you feel calm & like you can breathe again. If you are a believer in praying say some prayers until you feel at peace again. You are stronger than you think, you just need to believe in yourself. I’ve walked the road of ZERO self-esteem a long time ago because i believed that i was worthless because thats what i was told. NOT ANYMORE!! Those people only said that to make themselves feel goid about themselves & when i learned that i became a better me! You can do the same! I believe it! {{{HUGS}}}
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself that you are doing something positive for yourself. Loneliness is hard - do you have any women friends you could call and invite them over and suggest a get together. Can you take yourself out and get your nails done or try a change to your hairstyle. We all need a lift sometimes. And make sure you write a list of everything you feel grateful for. Even if your only grateful that you woke up this morning.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »

I love your causes 😊

Thanks! I'm actually in San Francisco right now attending Gov Brown's Global Climate Action Summit. Very exciting!

That sounds amazing! I lived in Long Beach, CA a couple years ago, but I’ve never made it north of Santa Barbara. I’d love to see San Fran, Monterey, and all that wine country someday! I hope you enjoy San Francisco a and the action summit is informative and productive! 😊
  • sofi_andre
    sofi_andre Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Start working out and don't settle for weights or cardio, find something specific that you actually enjoy (dancing, weights, boxing, steps anything that you enjoy). Take that time you workout for just yourself, no phone not thinking about others, when you workout it's your time, a time where you can be selfish and care just about yourself and no one and nothing else. Second you don't have to be alone, join a dating site and first of all don't let your weight or anything discourage you, be confident as confidence attracts people, yes you are overweight now but so what, you are still a beautiful woman, who can do more than she can imagine. Push yourself, there are ways. ♥️
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    So, what can a bunch of strangers on the internet tell you that will make you want to get through this day?

I don't mean to be snarky, and I hear your protestations that you're not depressed. But, clearly, all is not right in your world. Plus, liquor.

You may benefit from some counseling, whether or not you're depressed.