Logging in daily

Options
I log in every day. At the end of each week it does not show the full 7 days. Will show 4 out of 7 days or this week It shows this..
Week At A Glance
Great Job! You logged in 6 out of 7 days this week.
Could it be because sometimes I log my daily foods the day after? If it is too late I go back the next day and enter it.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The streak only takes into account you logging into mfp, not you actually logging your food, so if you go 24 hours without visiting the website or app, it won't count. Silly, I know.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The streak only takes into account you logging into mfp, not you actually logging your food, so if you go 24 hours without visiting the website or app, it won't count. Silly, I know.

why is that silly?
  • strongwouldbenice
    Options

why is that silly?

I mean I get it, it just seems like it would make more sense if your streak would actually be you logging food every day, not just jumping on the website. Though, the amount of days I've been reading through the forums is an achievement, right ;)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    ^^ no that isnt right. The streak means days of logging, not of visiting forums.

I visit forums sporadically - sometimes not for week or so.

My streak shows 258 days - I certainly havent visited forum continually for 258 days.

But I have logged continually for 9 months - since missing a few days over last Christmas period
  • strongwouldbenice
    Options
    ^^ no that isnt right. The streak means days of logging, not of visiting forums.

My streak shows 258 days - I certainly havent visited forum continually for 258 days.

But I have logged continually for 9 months - since missing a few days over last Christmas period

But there have been days I've not logged any food, but I have been on mfp (on the forums), and my streak has remained intact. So it's just being on the website/app, not specifically logging food, and for the OP, logging food retrospectively isn't enough to keep the streak alive.
    I believe that's right anyway, if not someone please correct me!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

As long as you open the app it counts for your streak. You don't have to log anything or visit the forums...just opening the app keeps the steak going.

I have a 1000+ day streak going and have plenty of days where I haven't logged any food at all.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,207 Member
    Options
    All you've got to do is open MFP on your computer or phone each day, and you've maintained your "streak".

I haven't logged my food in ages, but my streak is still going. :)

• smoki11
    smoki11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your quick response. I just want to be sure when i get my end of the week report, my 7 days of logging in my foods are all totally counted.
  • smoki11
    smoki11 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So I guess the bottom line is, maintaining a streak has nothing to do with adding up all your calories etc for the week?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    smoki11 wrote: »
    So I guess the bottom line is, maintaining a streak has nothing to do with adding up all your calories etc for the week?

nope
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,207 Member
    Options
    smoki11 wrote: »

Not a thing.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I initially joined MFP just for the forums. I never logged any food at all for about 6 months. My streak looks a lot more impressive than it really is because it took those first 6 months into account.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    As it is, the streak is not meaningful at all. Except maybe to MFP for attracting advertisers.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options

The streak counts any day you come to the MFP site or app and are logged in, no matter what you do there, even if you do nothing more than load or refresh any page on the site. You don't have to log your food. You don't have to visit the forums.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options

No, it IS right. If you open the app it will count as "logging in." There have been days when I haven't logged any food but used my smart phone to look at MFP and it counted as "logging in." The only days in the past year MFP hasn't counted me as "logging in" was when I was in the hospital and too ill to open my phone. That's why it's silly.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Maxxitt wrote: »

No, it IS right. If you open the app it will count as "logging in." There have been days when I haven't logged any food but used my smart phone to look at MFP and it counted as "logging in." The only days in the past year MFP hasn't counted me as "logging in" was when I was in the hospital and too ill to open my phone. That's why it's silly.

I don't even have to actually look at MFP on the app... if my phone has internet the app logs me in!