What stops me from doing the right thing....

Options
Up until age 38 I never had a weight problem.
After 38, and a kid, I had a weight problem.

Today, the thing I like the most, I have to give up...
I don't want to give it up.

Now, Im gonna have to slogg thru.

I'm not taking opiods, but food has become my comfort...my blankie, my sanctuary...

One good thing: I've decided to eat plant-based food. Do I want to? Well, Id rather eat what I've always eaten, but it is not serving me well. Would love to eat pizza, and burgers, and tacos at least 3 times a week, but I'm not a young person anymore. I didn't bite the bullet back then so I have to now...

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and lose weight eating those foods. Maybe not three times a week, but it could be done. The important part is tracking calorie intake accurately.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Up until age 38 I never had a weight problem.
    After 38, and a kid, I had a weight problem.

Today, the thing I like the most, I have to give up...
    I don't want to give it up.

Now, Im gonna have to slogg thru.

I'm not taking opiods, but food has become my comfort...my blankie, my sanctuary...

One good thing: I've decided to eat plant-based food. Do I want to? Well, Id rather eat what I've always eaten, but it is not serving me well. Would love to eat pizza, and burgers, and tacos at least 3 times a week, but I'm not a young person anymore. I didn't bite the bullet back then so I have to now...

Why not just eat the things you like, but in slightly smaller portions so you're in a calorie deficit?

trying to do something you really don't want to will not end well...
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options

trying to do something you really don't want to will not end well...

Entirely correct.

Excuses for something not working come cheaper by the dozen
    The reason for success is only one: I WANTED IT
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like, but track the calories so you are eating in deficit = weight loss and also you'll be happy because you get to eat things you want.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I say eat the pizza, eat burgers, eat what you want unless these things make you sick... like a gluten allergy. I don't see the point in making yourself miserable. That's the best way to continue having a weight problem and unhealthy relationship with food.

Some people can do it, being mentally strong to restrict that rigorously and be successful with weight loss. you know yourself so if you can do it and not eat those foods you listed, then all the power to you. Go for it!

Restricting food has never, wont ever work for me. I'd rather eat reasonably, like one or 2 slices of pizza instead of half of it. Or eat half my burger and leave the other half for lunch the next day. or just make what I want to eat fit within goal.

Good luck! 😊