Being Made Fun Of For Eating Healthy...

Options
13»

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I've discovered most people who comment are just jealous because they are not in control of their diets/health. I have a coworker who has gotten very rude to me - only to recently find out she questioned other coworkers of mine about how I lost the weight so fast. I started about a month after she did - now I've just about reached goal and she looks the exact same (mind you I see her in the break room with the donuts, bagels, chinese food, etc).

I also get asked the "how did you do it?" and when I answer that I watch what I eat and exercise - nobody likes that! They want the magic pill solution. <sigh>

I get a lot of comments about my healthy lunches that I pack - but again I think it's all jealousy. Esp. when one gal (who I love) said "see -that's what I should be eating" - haha - yup!

Just revel in yourself - the heck with them. I do it for me - I have never tried to push it in anyone's face nor commented on what other people do or eat. I'll share my advice if asked, but that's it. I don't feel I deserve to be treated rudely because of it, but if that's the way they're going to treat me, so be it. I have no control over it & that person isn't worth my time.

Amen
  • MarcieC_23
    MarcieC_23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me at work when I first started a healthier lifestyle. I was already thinner than all of my coworkers, but I was not satisfied with my overall health. I think it made them think about their own health and choices, and they didn't like that. As everyone else has said, do what is right for you, no one else.
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh, you're definitely not the only one. I get made fun of all the time. My sister always tells me she's embarrassed of me in public when I say things like quinoa and hummus haha. Just don't worry about them though. I like to think that people make fun of my healthy eating because they're jealous they don't have the dedication to eat healthy like I do :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    So my family always told me that I needed to start eating healthier and exercising more. They never thought that I was overweight or necessarily needed to even lose any weight, but they said it just because I never exercised and I ate a lot of junk food. So now I have gotten more conscious of myself and I have been eating healthy, counting calories, and working out everyday. And now I get made fun of and laughed at by the same people who always told me to do what I am now doing. Am I the only one having a hard time making the cross over to a healthier lifestyle? It makes it a lot harder to keep with it when everyone just laughs at you for adding up the calories in what you're eating or for making a salad instead of eating something unhealthy.

I would tell them to stick a carrot in their ear and leave me alone. :laugh: :yawn:

Seriously, you might just want to tell them that you don't appreciate their remarks and to leave you alone.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Tell them if they want or need more fat in their life to start with your *kitten*.....