Do you have a favorite "bring your salad to work" container?

Options
I've been working out of my home for the past three years (mostly) and typically eat salads for lunch. Starting a new job next week in an office. My previous experience with bringing salads to work has been soggy lettuce or salad dressing leakage all over the bag, but I know there are a lot of new lunch totes out there now. Anyone have a favorite?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I retired on 12/29/17, but I brought salads to work almost every day, just used Glad ware (like cheap Tupperware, so you don't care if it gets lost).
    I just kept dressing in the refrigerator at work and just brought salad fixings every day.
    A lot of offices have kitchens for the employees, the company I worked for had a full kitchen (dishes, silverware, pots & pans, stove/oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer), hope yours does as well.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Options
    Thanks, that's exactly what I need!!!!
  • Paws3515
    Paws3515 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Snapware - Got mine at walmart and found some at Marshalls

sw_totalsolutions_5.4cup_divided_tray_1120314_2.jpg?sw=449&sh=449&sm=fit&sfrm=tif

963376.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    What I especially like about the Cool Gear one, is you put the green tray part in the freezer overnight, and then assemble it in the morning with your salad and veggies. The green tray contains a freezer gel which then keeps everything cold and crisp until lunch.

Especially helpful if you don't have a fridge at work.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I got two of these at Walmart for my salad dressing. They're the best invention ever.

vrmmkvn6cehm.jpg
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I just put the salad dressing bottle in my lunch bag and then measure it out at lunch time. For the salad, I use whatever bowl I can find a matching lid for.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just put the salad in one container, and bring the dressing either in a small container or bring the whole bottle to leave at work in the fridge.
  • sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I make mason jar salads, I can make enough for a week and they are still good. there is lots of info on how to do them on pintrest.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    tw78ar6s75jl.jpeg

This set from pampered chef, the top opens up to store the dressing 😄
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Sistema salad-to-go. I got it from Target

fhozmxe3if6k.png

• jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've just started trying the mason jar route, so far I don't care for it. It's too deep for my fork.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Sistema salad-to-go. I got it from Target

fhozmxe3if6k.png

I also have this one, can highly recommend!
    shirgify wrote: »
    Ain't no salad unless it's a BIG salad
    Yeah my salads end up a bit compressed with the amount I shove into a reasonably sized lunchbox!

The box has to fit in my work/ gym bag tho so it's quantity over quality sometimes!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    shirgify wrote: »
    Umm these salad containers look suspiciously small. I bring a big metal bowl to work and mini mason jar of oil vinegar. Ain't no salad unless it's a BIG salad

Ha. Agreed on the big salads. I bought a serving bowl that matches our dinnerware at home and it is known as "Mom's salad bowl."
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Options
    What I especially like about the Cool Gear one, is you put the green tray part in the freezer overnight, and then assemble it in the morning with your salad and veggies. The green tray contains a freezer gel which then keeps everything cold and crisp until lunch.

Especially helpful if you don't have a fridge at work.

I bought this one--excited to try it. I know you can just put everything in Tupperware or layer it in a mason jar, but the OCD in me likes the compartments and expandability of this one! Will be eagerly checking my mail for it this week!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Options
    I've just started trying the mason jar route, so far I don't care for it. It's too deep for my fork.

Agree. I usually end up dumping the mason jar ingredients on a paper plate, which is not well-suited for salad consumption!