Fitness Tracker

Options
Hi, I'm thinking about investing into a Fitness Tracker. It schould track steps and Workouts (Cardio as well as weight - would be great if the calories are somehwat accurate) and sync with my iPhone an mfp. Is there one you can recommend under 80€?

Replies

• AlexMorganMc
    AlexMorganMc Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a little simple one from Garmin that I like significantly more than FitBit, but they're all pretty similar to each other.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Vivofit2 which is now starting to be obsolete but I love it. I read the Vivofit4 is about to be released. I loved mine because it runs on watch batteries which are good for a year, it's waterproof and it tracks my sleep. It doesn't have a heart rate monitor though.
  • mimmi20
    mimmi20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you you two. I really don't need a heart rate monitor since I don't do HIIT
  • mimmi20
    mimmi20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a little simple one from Garmin that I like significantly more than FitBit, but they're all pretty similar to each other.

why do you like that one more than fitbit?
  • pattyhouse1970
    pattyhouse1970 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Ionic. I love it. I can track all the workouts that I do: walk, run, weights, workout, treadmill. It has a few others to. When I was looking for a new tracker (I've had one for several years) my 2 have to haves were GPS and Music. I wanted to be able to go run without taking my phone with me. I can switch between my music and my run during my run (gotta skip those slow songs).
    My husband has the Garmin Forerunner 645 with Music. His tracks all sorts of stuff there on the watch itself. For example the Vox. Mine has this, but I have to open the app on my phone to see it. But again...this was not and is not important to me.
    Both of these are waterproof to like 50 meters. Both have heart rate monitors. I know Fitbit has options with out a heart rate monitor. I'm not sure about Garmin.

But as for being under 80 Euros ($92). Neither of these will work for you. the Fitbit is $250 and the Garmin was close to $400. The Fitbit Alta lands in your price range. I had it last and really liked it. It auto tracks somethings, but does not track workouts. I think the cheapest that Fitbit has that does what you want is $150.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    mimmi20 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm thinking about investing into a Fitness Tracker. It schould track steps and Workouts (Cardio as well as weight - would be great if the calories are somehwat accurate) and sync with my iPhone an mfp. Is there one you can recommend under 80€?

If HR & GPS & swimming aren’t important to you there will be more cheaper options. I’ve been doing some research on this myself and debating about the value of these things. I want swimming so that makes it harder. I’m also really enticed by HR so that drives up the price. But in the cheaper realm: Fitbit Flex 2 is about $60, Misfit Shine 2 is $75 (Misfit Link is $20), and the Garmin Viofit3 is $100. Those were on my list, because they were waterproof, but I know there are more.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I have a fitbit HR and I like it pretty well. Well this is going to sound stupid but I don't like the way it looks, but other than that it is fine. I wish it looked more "watch-like" instead of being a thin band. I love seeing my heart rate so I would want that feature. I like the feature that someone said above about how it uses a watch battery. I don't like how I have to charge my fitbit all the time (once every 3 days or so) but that's a minor inconvenience. Only reason that annoys me is because I stick it on the charger and then in the morning I often forget to put it back on. Plus the charger cord is really short. The only outlets in the bedroom are all behind furniture. So I have to charge it in the bathroom or downstairs in the kitchen.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,502 Member
    Options
    mimmi20 wrote: »
    Thank you you two. I really don't need a heart rate monitor since I don't do HIIT
    e

For the record, a HRM is likely to be relatively inaccurate for HIIT. Its best accuracy will be for steady state (constant pace) cardio.

I'm not arguing with whether you need a HRM in your fitness device or not; I'm just trying to clarify what they're good for (and not). Steps may be just fine for your purposes.