Weight loss programs

Hello,
Have any of you been on any weight loss programs such as Nutrisystem
or Jenny Craig etc. and used this app to keep track of your progress?

Thanks.

Replies

• rsj7799
    rsj7799 Posts: 74 Member
    There are a lot of people here (myself included) that still go to Weight Watchers meetings but track with this app. I don't know about the other plans.
  • godbold2001
    godbold2001 Posts: 15 Member
    I'm doing Optavia and using the app more now than I ever have!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    I am on weight watchers and track both places.
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2018
    @TexasGranny2018 I’m currently on nutrisystem and today is officially 2 months... 28 pounds down. They have a sale for the frozen your choice for $249. I can’t do shelf stable stuff but the frozen is pretty good. If your interested I can give you buddy bucks.. it’s $30 off... and then you can buy gift cards from Costco.. $80 for $100 gift card and it helps with the cost. I’m just here for the community boards and track on the nutrisystem app because you get free stuff on there through challenges. I’ve got a free extra week of breakfast, free extra week of lunches etc
  • Inspiration15
    Inspiration15 Posts: 42 Member
    I'm doing Optavia and using the app more now than I ever have!

Is that from medifast? I did that once. Thinking about it. Any success?
  • likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 58 Member
    I started Optavia 7/13 and aside from a 9 day vacation where I was 100% off plan, I’ve been really following it to a T.. I’ve lost 31 pounds in 10 weeks.. Amazing and can’t wait to continue. Please feel free to add me on here, Id love to be able to support each other!

username: likerebecca

Good Luck to all!

• ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    I’m another one who’s doing this and WW. I did Jenny Craig, got to goal (only needed to lose 45), stopped eating their food and gained it all back and then some. Atkins worked well for me, but I gave up too soon. So far on WW I’ve lost 75, almost half way to goal, and plan on sticking with it.
  • I'm doing Optavia and using the app more now than I ever have!

Is that from medifast? I did that once. Thinking about it. Any success?

I’m interested in Optiva and Medifast, too. Have been on my own 1000 cal or less for a week and no loss. 😢

• I started Optavia 7/13 and aside from a 9 day vacation where I was 100% off plan, I’ve been really following it to a T.. I’ve lost 31 pounds in 10 weeks.. Amazing and can’t wait to continue. Please feel free to add me on here, Id love to be able to support each other!

username: likerebecca

Good Luck to all!
    Hi. I’m not on Optiva. I was responding to someone by saying I’m interested in it. I did some research and it looks like you have to see a MD every week. Is that how yours works?

• skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    I am just low carbing and have lost 30 lbs this year. I use this program with a couple of others. I am motivated with charts and such.
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Im curious if anyone has joined or heard of Optavia? From what I see this is Medifast that has been renamed. I see some amazing results but I am worried about what happens when you have to go off there products. I would like to follow the requirements with real food and see if I see any results. I'm just curious if anyone has taken this approach or know someone that has taken this approach and if they had similar results to Optavia/Medifast results? Thanks!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    hroderick wrote: »
    To lose some pounds, they all work. I have had temporary success with many of them.
    To change your weight permanently, learn how to live happily and permanently within a calorie budget.
    MFP helps me stay on that budget.
    Platejoy.com helps me choose what to spend my calories on.
    Mindful eating helps me enjoy what I do eat.
    Combined they are helping me to transform my past fat person behaviors into future thin person behaviors.
    Just losing weight again isn't good enough this time.

This^

I've tried lots of plans and lost weight on all of them. But, maintenance requires you to learn about (and change) the eating habits that made you have to lose weight in the first place.
  • dalewis911
    dalewis911 Posts: 1 Member
    I have tried Optavia and briefly was a coach with this program. If you decide to invest in this plan for weight loss, you don't have to go to a clinic based coach but having one to work with toward success for your personal goal is key. Your coach can help you transition to a Healthy eating and lifestyle that is sustainable. The transition and maintenance part is the same for any program that restricts calories and/or specific nutrients...low carb, keto, etc. You have to be determined to make change to sustain the weight loss no matter which plan you use.
  • robwestergard
    robwestergard Posts: 1 Member
    Afternoon folks, currently started my diet the first of January. Having a challenge typing in “Pear” to add to my snacks?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Afternoon folks, currently started my diet the first of January. Having a challenge typing in “Pear” to add to my snacks?

They're having server issues at the moment. It's being worked on.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Weight Watchers has lost it. First of all, it's not called Weight Watchers anymore, it's called WW. Whatever that means. The points program is worse than ever, they changed it so bad that many people stopped losing and quit. And you can't call them meetings anymore. They are "workshops" and take place at a WW "Studio". smh