Looking for crockpot recipes!

Options
lexcanto501
lexcanto501 Posts: 1 Member
Hello,
Just trying to log everyday. I realize the more I log the more in control I am of my eating. Whatever easy 8 hour crockpot recipes you have would be super helpful. Fish recipes too!

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I use my crockpot and instant pot several times a week. Look for slow cooker recipes on allrecipes.com and set up an account so you can save favorites and you've got everything in one place.
    This week I did a pork tenderloin with cubed red potatoes and sliced carrots, salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, chicken broth, 10 hours and melt in your mouth deliciousness.
    I like doing chicken breast with salsa and packet of ranch, then pull apart and put in tacos or add to soup.
    Chicken breasts and a 1/2 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce, then shred and use on sandwiches or by itself.
    The possibilities are endless
  • Delilahloo
    Delilahloo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today, I browned stew beef with a dusting of flour, plopped it in the crockpot, squirted worchestire sauce and balsamic vinegar on it added a cup of chicken broth and cooked it all day. It was really good over noodles.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Almost any soup or stew can be done in the crockpot. Start out with minimal liquid and add later as needed.
  • lwhitman208
    lwhitman208 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Salsa Verde Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 blocks Neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese)
    1 jar salsa verde

8 hours on low or 5 hours on high

Shred the chicken and let sit to thicken for 10-15
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @lwhitman208, I made Chicken Verde today came out fantastic, thanks for the idea.
    I only used 1 block of cream cheese, added spinach, cilantro (coriander), lime juice, lime zest, cumin & fennel.
    Great idea.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    This looks really easy (and i'd be lying if I said it wasn't), but it is seriously the most delicious chicken I've ever had in my life, it even beats moist rotisserie chicken. I come home after a long day of this cooking, pop some sweet potatoes in the oven and put on a pot of wild rice and it is amazing.

https://dinnerthendessert.com/slow-cooker-brown-sugar-garlic-chicken/
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cacciatore

3 lbs chicken thighs (or 2 lbs boneless breasts)
    Salt & pepper to taste
    3 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    3 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 cup mushrooms, sliced
    1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
    2 tsp oregano

Season thighs with s&p. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil. Sauté thighs until brown. Remove & keep warm. Add remaining oil, onion, & garlic to pan & cook 2 mins. Add mushrooms, cook & stir for 5 mins. Add tomatoes & oregano (mush oregano between palms to release oils). Cook for 5 mins. Add thighs. Cover & simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
    Remove chicken to a platter. Simmer sauce until thickened, remember to stir occasionally. Season sauce with s&p to taste. Add more oregano, if necessary. Pour sauce over chicken.
    I usually serve this over egg noodles.

If you coat chicken in flour before frying, it will thicken sauce also.

When I crock pot this, I just throw it all in pot & cook on low for 6-8 hrs. If I have time, I brown thighs first.