1 week to the wedding 😱

Options
I can’t believe how quickly the last 9 months have gone.

I’ve lost 46.5 lbs and my BMI has gone from 29.7 to 21.9.

Only 0.7lbs to goal which is now so achievable.

I have a really hard time accepting how my body has changed, every time I look in the mirror I’m so surprised, I didn’t even recognize myself when I went passed a mirror in a shop and thought someone else was wearing the same clothes 😂.

Next worry will be how to maintain and not slip into bad habits and maybe attempt a recomp to drop a little bit more fat.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :smile: all the best for your wedding and for maintenance :smile:
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on achieving your goal! That's amazing and will be memorialised forever!

Hope your Wedding Dress still fits :wink:

• corysmithsmail
    corysmithsmail Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Dress fits perfectly. I bought a dress 4 sizes too small intentionally in January and that’s been my motivation to never give up!

Congratulations! Huge amount of dedication right there!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Congrats.

Everyone that I know that maintains successfully is diligent. You can choose a maintenance system and then change it as many times as you need as far as eating but you should always keep an eye on your weight. If you have a little gain you should return to a deficit. If you used the scale to lose weight continue to use it to maintain.

• megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Omg congratulations! You've done amazingly so far and now only a few days stand between you and the rest of your life! Good luck with losing that last tiny bit and maintaining! Keep us updated!
  • HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both your wedding and weight loss! I have been maintaining my loss for one year and I'm finally starting to see myself as thin. It's a huge change and a lot to get used to. Just yesterday I picked up a pair of jeans and thought "those are so tiny, they'd never fit me!" And of course, they fit like a glove. Myfitnesspal has a maintenance forum and I find that really helpful to stay on track. Happy marriage and maintenance to you!