Best protein bars that taste like a treat?

What proteins bars taste the best/most like a full fat chocolate bar?

Replies

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Carb killa!! Birthday cake ones are amazing and the choc peanut ones melted for 30sec in microwave with cream... best thing ever. I buy in boxes and have 1-2 most days :blush:
  • VictoriaLizzy
    VictoriaLizzy Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2018
    I recently discovered Quest bars and they taste much better than most other protein bars. So far I’ve only tried the s’mores and it was epic - apparently cookie dough is the most popular. :) (They’re gluten-free, too!)
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Nugo Dark Chocolate Pretzel are delicious and doesn't even taste like a protein bar to me.
  • hjsportsed1
    hjsportsed1 Posts: 52 Member
    This one is tasty.
    hnt3og65b7w7.jpg

• MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    daltontf wrote: »
    Kirkland (Costco) has Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavored bars that I like. They also have boxes with Cinnamon Roll and Peanut Butter Chunks bars that are decent too.

I like these because they taste good, have low sugar, and a lot of fiber.
  • mysslopez
    mysslopez Posts: 6 Member
    20g protein 1 gram sugar
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    I like both Detour and Pure Protein. I find the Quest bars like chewing gum. Premiere Protein bars okay but a little rich for my blood, calorically speaking.
  • 4Pop
    4Pop Posts: 53 Member
    Pure Protein- Birthday Cake
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    They are a little on the too sweet side for me but I've really been enjoying the Carmel chocolate Luna bars. It's only 12g of protein do not as much as others. However the texture is really good too and that plus the flavor means I'll actually really enjoy it. I also really like the think kids bar in peanut butter cup flavor. Again a little lower in the protein, 7g of protein for a 100 calorie bar, but the calorie hot is a little lower and the flavor and texture is really good.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Nature Valley Protein Dark Chocolate/Peanuts. I like them better than Snickers bars because of the dark chocolate.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Atkins cookies and cream bar. Tastes like Oreos to me😁
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Carb killa!! Birthday cake ones are amazing and the choc peanut ones melted for 30sec in microwave with cream... best thing ever. I buy in boxes and have 1-2 most days :blush:

Oh, man! My local supermarkets only carry four flavours and they're expensive, too! I guess I'll have to get Birthday Cake on Amazon. Sounds amazing. I bought the Mars protein bar but it tastes bloody awful.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    daltontf wrote: »
    Kirkland (Costco) has Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavored bars that I like. They also have boxes with Cinnamon Roll and Peanut Butter Chunks bars that are decent too.

I like these because they taste good, have low sugar, and a lot of fiber.

I also like these. The cookie dough ones are my favorite
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    I'll second the pure protein bars - I did try the quest chocolate chip cookie, and if you're looking for high fat and moderate protein, that might be a good route (for me, it's not quite worth it :)).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I am partial to the Elevation protein bars from Aldi. They only have 2 flavors (chocolate peanut butter and chocolate mint) but lots of protein and very tasty. I wish they had more fiber like Quest bars do.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    There is an actual Snickers protein bar. And I agree with Grenade. The bars are soft with complimenting textures inside but don't have that chewiness that Quest and OhYeah One have. Think Thin also makes some good bars.

If you're looking for something that is like a candy bar, I don't think you'll like Quest or OhYeah.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Another vote for Pure Protein bars. I like the dark chocolate coconut.
  • competeagain
    competeagain Posts: 770 Member
    Pure protein
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I don’t think there is any protein bar that tastes like candy. A protein bar and a candy bar are way too different for me to even imagine that they’re similar. And if a food tastes like candy, then it generally has too little protein for me to consider it a protein bar.

That said, my favorite low calorie protein bars are Oh Yeah One birthday cake, Pure Protein chocolate, and Powerbar chocolate peanut butter. These are all about 180-220 calories for 20 grams of protein.

I also like Clif Builder chocolate peanut butter, though at 280 calories, they don’t fit my goals as well.

I enjoy FitCrunch brownies, though they have less protein than the other options (15 grams in a 190 calorie bar).

I will eat Quest bars simply because they’re low calorie, not because I’m a big fan. I’ve never understood the Quest bar love.