Fitbit?

Options
Hello,

Is a Fitbit watch worth all the hype or should I get another kind of similar watch? If yes, which one?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it's really a personal decision.
    if you have not look at dc rainmakers, and wareables reviews.

there are some quizzes available too
    choiceschoices
    from fitbit
  • erinlouise55
    erinlouise55 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If your just starting out with a fitness watch and want to see if it works for you, i have a fitbit versa and I think its great,
    Tracks steps, sleep and heart rate
    Its waterproof
    And you get all notifications from your phone 😊
  • Louise754
    Louise754 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap version the Vivofit and it works for me. Tracks steps, workouts, calories, sleep and syncs with map my run. It’s also waterproof. Works for me and wasn’t expensive.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I had the original Flex for three years and got a Charge 2 last year. I love the information it gives me but they are only as useful as you make them. I've had periods of time where I've challenged myself to meet step and calorie goals and logged regularly, losing weight along the way. Then I've gone months where I pretty much ignore it, though I continue to wear it. Predictably my weight either stays the same or goes up during those times.

As far as functionality I have been quite happy with both. While I can't remark on other brands, I will say that Fitbit has probably the best customer service of any consumer product I have ever owned. I have had several wristbands replaced due to breaking from regular wear/tear, and when my Flex's battery suddenly went from holding a 5-6 day charge to barely making 2, they sent me a brand new one after doing some basic troubleshooting. All at no expense for either product or shipping.

So while I can't really give a comparison to other brands due to not having enough knowledge of them, I picked Fitbit several years ago and have stuck with it. I have no problem highly recommending it to those who are interested in getting a tracker.
  • rainycs65
    rainycs65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex 2 and like it. I mainly use it for steps, however it tracks sleep, monthly cycle, water intake and some other stuff. I do suggest that no matter what you get, consider getting an ankle strap and wear it on your ankle - I got mine from Amazon. You get a more accurate reading for your steps, for instance, if you are in the supermarket walking up and down the aisles, those steps typically aren't registering because your arms aren't moving back and forth. Others may not have had the same experience, but I just wanted to share it. Good luck and happy stepping!!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit 2 and love it. It runs on watch batteries so no regular charging required. Batteries last over a year. It logs sleep, steps and is waterproof. I think the Vivofit 4 is out now so mine is older. I bought Garmin because I wasn't sure if I would use it and it was cheaper than Fitbit.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I have a cheaper version of fitbit.
    It tracks sleep and steps. Also calculation time and calories
    It has its own app but doesnt connect to MFP.
    It works for me . Cost £20 from amazon. Charges via USB. But battery charge lasts a week and half.
    I didnt want anything morw expensive
    I use it daily so i have a weekly/monthly record of what steps ive done.

When i work a 6 day week (normally work 5 ) i use the data from the 6th day as extra Calorie allowance sld i feel i want too.

Think what information ypu want to get from it ans what your budget is.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    When I started, I thought it was silly to spend such money on something when I was tracking everything myself. I looked at our points from a charge card that we use and I had enough for a fitbit alta in June for free. It was the best thing I could have ever done. It tracks everything including my CICO. Not only that, I am a worrier that my calories from working out were off and this tracks so much better than me writing in an estimate of how many I burned vs. what I did burn. Go for it...If you are paying, the one I got was $150Cdn so well worth the piece of mind plus you can get such pretty bands for them now :)
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I like mine. My activity level is pretty variable, so it helps me to match my intake to my actual burn that day. Different people like different trackers for lots of reasons, but my Alta HR does everything I need it to do.