Kitchen Scale

Options
Bought a kitchen scale. So now I know my mandarin was 58g instead of the 70grams “medium” size I have been logging and my hard boiled egg was 60grams instead of the 50grams listed as one 70 cal serving. So now I should adjust the log to reflect 1.2 eggs to get up to the 60grams I ate? And decrease the mandarin serving size? Is this the easiest way? Feeling a bit overwhelmed with wanting details but not wanting them to take over my life! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies

• rsj7799
    rsj7799 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can select the serving size and it will usually give you a bunch of options. Switch it to grams and just enter the grams. If it doesn't have 1 gram increments, look for another entry that does. The entries that have the option to enter in grams tend to be more accurate in my experience.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    rsj7799 wrote: »
    You can select the serving size and it will usually give you a bunch of options. Switch it to grams and just enter the grams. If it doesn't have 1 gram increments, look for another entry that does. The entries that have the option to enter in grams tend to be more accurate in my experience.

My choice is those that have a serving size of 100 grams. I just add the decimal point where needed. My feeling is that this would be more accurate than for 1 gram increments, especially as the nutritional labels and the USDA database all give nutritional information for 100 grams.