Figure skating, ballroom dance and tandem cycling keep me fit.

Options
I've used myfitnesspal many times over the years to help me lose weight, eat healthy and get back on track. I'm back again this Fall because Fall is my "New Year". I'm in my mid 60's. My husband and I are pretty active. We ice dance, cycle and ballroom dance a combined 20 hours or more a week. I also spin and hike and we work with a personal trainer twice a week. And YET, I have a terrible time losing weight. I love food and frankly, I get lazy in my eating habits, especially in the summer. I should lose about 35 pounds to get to my ideal weight of 135 but realistically, 150 is my goal.

Replies

• Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Maybe this time, instead of leaving MFP when you reach your goal weight, stay on for a few months to establish a maintenance eating pattern that works for you, so you lower your chances of sliding back to your old habits and putting the weight back on again.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck

I'm an ice dancer myself. I grew up doing it competitively and now partner some tests and help out friends. Competed a bit too but finding partners is a challenge. Yay for more lovers of playing on frozen water with foot knives.