Need help, starting back!

Options
I've done MFP before and WW off and on for what feels like 10 years. I'm 5 foot 1 and currently 168 lbs. I had lost about 15 on WW this spring. But I felt hungry and like I wasn't eating enough, not great, etc and tired of paying for it. I quickly gained back what I lost. Now I can't seem to get off even 1lb! I currently have it set at 1200 calories but even if I go up to 1500, so my body doesn't think I'm starving there is no budge. Help!

Replies

• bristy_c
    bristy_c Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm starting back too! If you're looking for an accountability buddy, msg me. :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! How long have you been back at MFP and how are you measuring your food calories?
  • carlb123
    carlb123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just about two weeks back and yes I'm counting with accurate measurements.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    There is a good explanation for all this.

The less you eat, the faster you lose, but if you eat too little, you feel lousy, so you eat, and so you regain.

When you eat more, but still little enough to lose weight, you lose more slowly, but as long as you eat in a calorie deficit, consistently, for real and for a long time, you will lose.

Two weeks is not a long time. Your weight naturally fluctuates with a couple of pounds from day to day, so you need several weeks to see a definite trend in any direction on the scale.

counting with accurate measurements does not lead one to believe you're actually eating 1200-1500 calories per day. You need to use a food scale, and pick valid (validated by you) database entries, and the recipe builder.

Starvation mode is not a thing. Your body can't think, it's just you not wanting to eat less. It's normal to not want to eat less, but you have to do that to lose weight. And you have to keep at it, and keep at it. You are, however, not supposed to starve yourself.
  • anneharper490
    anneharper490 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been back 47 days. I am logging every day and working with a P.T. I to had 1200. I am 5'3 and 92kg.(about 14st 2lb) My P.T. increased my calories last week as I am not losing very much weight. I am now on 1742 calories but my protein is increased to 160g with less fat and carbs. I do not eat extra calories for exercise though.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have been back 47 days. I am logging every day and working with a P.T. I to had 1200. I am 5'3 and 92kg.(about 14st 2lb) My P.T. increased my calories last week as I am not losing very much weight. I am now on 1742 calories but my protein is increased to 160g with less fat and carbs. I do not eat extra calories for exercise though.
    That is exactly how a person sets him/herself up for crash and burn.

You lose more on 1200 calories than 1742 calories, but only if you're really sticking to it. Of course it's easier to stick to 1742 calories, but that's why it's easier to lose on 1742 calories, not because 1200 is "too little to lose".

At 92 kg, you will lose rapidly if you're indeed eating 1200, or even 1742 calories. How much have you lost per week, and how much did you expect?

160 grams of protein is excessive, and will just provide you with an expensive and boring diet, which you will actively want to quit.

If you're interested, there is a much more effective way to lose weight.