Back 35lbs heavier; time for a fresh start!

Options
Hello again MFP. I've been a member of this site on and off for 7 years, and saw amazing progress back during my college years; I was also a pretty heavy smoker (a pack every 2-3 days), and had time to dedicate to regular and consistent workouts. I was in the best shape of my adult life, and got down to the 120s in 2015. Over the past three years, the slow creep has caught up to me to the tune of about 35lbs regained. However, I'm also nearly 5 months smoke-free, and I'm trying to get my energy/appetite under control after being under the spell of nicotine for so long.

It's been slow for me to jump back on the wagon, but I'm getting back on the wagon no matter what it takes. Looking for active people on here to help keep me (and eachother!) accountable, and to help support one another as we reach out goals. Please feel free to send me a friend request!

Replies

• Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Past smoker here, been tobacco free for 25 years. I have a harder time with food. Nice to meet you!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Past smoker here, been tobacco free for 25 years. I have a harder time with food. Nice to meet you!

I hear that! I replaced nicotine with snacking; it's so hard saying "no" to food now a days! I've been reminding myself that I can always lose 5-10lbs gained from quitting, but I can't gain those minutes of my life back that I lost to smoking. Nice to meet you too, and congrats on 25 years tobacco free! That's so amazing!

• sparkle301
    sparkle301 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How do u send a friend request?