45 Pounds and 8 Sizes After

Options
spectralmoon
spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
My name is Neve, and I am finally able to post this happily. After a year and 8 months on MyFitnessPal, I am within 3 pounds of my goal, and I definitely see it happening by October... just in time to wear an awesome special effects costume.

I'm 29, a mortician (was in college when I began this journey), and began gaining heavily after a terrible breakup with a fiancé. What really gets/got to me, however, is that I never saw it. Somehow I didn't notice that I was having to buy larger clothes, or that I was getting that hump on the back of my neck, or that my chin had extra padding. When I looked in the mirror, I saw the size I'd been before (approx. 120ish lbs at 5'5"), and I was wrong. I went out and bought a new scale shortly after the first photo below and weighed in at 170.5.

This photo, taken in December of 2011, was my eye opener. That's me in all black, and not 120 anymore. This is me at size 12.

thestart_zpsa7de8809.jpg

After a short search, I found MFP and signed up on January 8, 2012. I set myself to 1350 calories a day (1 lbs a week) after the 2 lbs felt too harsh and held less pleasing results, and have recently dropped it to 1250. I got to 145 in 5 months and took a maintenance break for 8 months while I did college finals, graduated, and adjusted to a new job, but jumped back on it the following spring (this year). I changed my eating habits BIG TIME, gave up soda (went to Vitamin Water and now drink Fiji water), rarely touch fast food, drink smoothies, order fruit and salads at restaurants, avoid high fructose corn syrup... big turn around from what seems like so little compared to what other members have done!

I used both MFP and Tiffany Rothe's workouts via Youtube, and joined her Facebook group which encouraged members (as well as MFP did) to take lots of photos. It hurts to post some of them now, but I'm rebuilding confidence... so here goes.

At 170.5.
highest_zps34190a13.jpg

lostnumber_zps7cb0b4eb.jpg

lostnumber2_zps7b0efe11.jpg

lostnumber3_zps8d1f98ae.jpg

135_zps55006eeb.jpg

lostnumber4_zpsee808f39.jpg

lostnumber5_zps75ac88e8.jpg

And this about where I am now. Sorry for the black and white: it was a screen shot sent to me. This was taken 3 days ago: 125.5 lbs. I am now a size 4, which is smaller than I was at 120 the first time.

125_zps5d044c23.jpg

Take photos as you go!! It may hurt to face the truth in the moment, but I am so glad that I can see that what I was doing and am doing has actually made a difference! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    You look awesome girl. Great work.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Looking so beautiful!
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh girl you look fantastic! Well done!!
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1) congratulations!

2) I really don't understand the clothes sizing stuff

At my heaviest, 155 lbs, I needed a size 14. At my lowest early last year, 138 lbs, I was very comfy in a size 12 but a 10 was a bit too tight.

I do have wide hips, but could it make that big a difference?
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    Awesome work and results! :drinker:
  • 4lavitabella
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the photos despite it being difficult for you to take & post. You did an amazing job and look great. You are an inspiration for those of us on that same journey. It's pictures and stories like yours that inspire me and make me believe that I can do this. I'm currently at 171 lbs and it has taken months just to lose 13 lbs. there are many times in-which I feel I wont ever reach my goal (135 lbs) so I turn to MFP to re-motivate me. Congrats to you on your success. I hope that one day I will be able to post pictures of my journey to successful weight loss.
  • spectralmoon
    Options
    Thank you very much! To be honest, I'm only starting to "see" myself as a smaller figure as of the past few weeks; when I look in the mirror (especially from far away), I feel like I still look like the first two photos. I know that's going to take some time to change and correct, but I'm hoping that doing strength training at the end of my weight loss adventure will help that along. :flowerforyou:

I wish the best to and for you guys and girls! Even a mere two steps forward instead of 10 at a time is still two steps closer than you were before. :heart: :heart:
  • jmorale6
    jmorale6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your accomplishment. Seeing your pictures motivates me to keep going. I know I'm heading in the right direction.
  • Irockursocks87
    Irockursocks87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Skyetropics
    Skyetropics Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations. You look great! I also love that you are level-headed enough to switch to maintenance during periods you know will be stressful. It's something I only just figured out for myself and I find it makes a huge difference to my mindset - like I'm not mad at myself if I fall short, and it's one less thing to cause stress, which as we know can cause weight gain!

I, too, fairly recently broke up with my fiance after a bad 18 months and gained a kilo for every bad month, so here I am now undoing the damage. Boys really can suck! Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • skybell12
    Options
    congrats, photos like that are a sure sign it can be done. thanks for sharing
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! great job!!!
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Congrats!! You look amazing!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well done, you've done so well, you look amazing.
    It's posts like these that make me want to carry on.
    You should be proud of yourself.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Awesome journey. Thank you for sharing your pictures and story. Very inspiring.
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome. :smile:
  • uneik3
    uneik3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look just amazing! Can't wait to see that Halloween costume! Congrats!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    When I looked in the mirror, I saw the size I'd been before (approx. 120ish lbs at 5'5"), and I was wrong. I went out and bought a new scale shortly after the first photo below and weighed in at 170.5.

EXACTLY how I was about my weight gain. I was at 189lbs and when I looked in the mirror I saw myself as 120. It was seeing myself in pictures that finally woke me up. And you are around the same age and height as me too with similar weight. Very inspiring for me. Thank you so much for sharing.

AND YOU LOOK AMAZING!! Keep doing what your doing. :)
  • spectralmoon
    Options
    All the better that someone feels more that it's possible from seeing this. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!