Slow lose despite sticking to daily calories

Options
2»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    ashley5080 wrote: »
    Im 5 weeks in and only lost 5.5lbs. Sticking to 1200cal per day. Exercising 3 times a week. How do ppl stay on plan. I expecting 2lb per week but this is so slow. Any tips or comments welcome. Ashley

5.5 lbs in 5 weeks isn’t really that slow.
    I’ve lost 1 lb in the past 30 days. <- That is slow. :laugh: I’ve been bouncing between maintenance and a deficit though.

Not everyone can lose 2 lbs per week in a healthy way. Based on the calorie goal you have, I’m going to guess that MFP didn’t calculate your Non-Exercise maintenance to be high enough for a 1000 calorie deficit.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Glad to hear like minded ppl on hear. I expected to much and need to appreaciate the lose so far. Easy to give up than keep going. Do u eat all ur daily cals and ur exercise 1s. Tx

Every single calorie. Sometimes in a deficit and sometimes at maintenance, but I am only looking to lose a bit of fat (vanity) and I struggle with keeping in a calorie deficit these days. I also track measurements and like to focus on fitness more so than the scale. I mean honestly what the scale says doesn’t matter if my fitness is improved and I am losing inches.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear like minded ppl on hear. I expected to much and need to appreaciate the lose so far. Easy to give up than keep going. Do u eat all ur daily cals and ur exercise 1s. Tx

Every single calorie. Sometimes in a deficit and sometimes at maintenance, but I am only looking to lose a bit of fat (vanity) and I struggle with keeping in a calorie deficit these days. I also track measurements and like to focus on fitness more so than the scale. I mean honestly what the scale says doesn’t matter if my fitness is improved and I am losing inches.

This is one thing I haven't done yet and I think I need to! How do you know where to measure though? So that you're measuring the same spot every time?
  • shadow2soul
    Options

This is one thing I haven't done yet and I think I need to! How do you know where to measure though? So that you're measuring the same spot every time?

Calf, thigh, hip, forearm, upper arm = measure the largest area

For my abdomen I do 2 measurements.
    Around my belly button (so line tape up with belly button) and my waist (about 2” higher than belly button and smallest area of my abdomen)
  • ashley5080
    ashley5080 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi every1 i measure breasts really lookin at my back belly button for waist and top of hips. I think it helps wen weight is slower. Defo feel a difference. Just dosent show on scales. I do home work 3 min cardio 3 min strength 3 min abs. Do that 2-3 times
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi every1 i measure breasts really lookin at my back belly button for waist and top of hips. I think it helps wen weight is slower. Defo feel a difference. Just dosent show on scales. I do home work 3 min cardio 3 min strength 3 min abs. Do that 2-3 times

You are doing great :) Keep up the good work. x

I have 12/13 kg to reach my health BMI and currently loosing about a pound per week, but I expect it will slow down. My diary is visible to friends. Feel free to add me here.