Mini Goal reached. No longer obese, but overweight.

Options
mmnv79
mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
Long story, but I always been very active and due to health issues and surgeries, I ended up with 93kg. I weight myself today and I'm 81kg. I started with a BMI of 34.1 (obese) and today my BMI is 29.7 (overweight). My next goal is to achieve a healthy BMI of 25 and 68kg. I'm 165cm (5' 4") and have no idea of what's going to be my final goal, as I have a large frame, I used to be a swimmer.

It took me a while to start logging accurately. So my advice to those who are starting and claim that aren't loosing weight, is to check the labels and measure everything with an electronic scale, instead of measuring with cups, spoons, etc., measure yourself, take lots of pictures, and keep going. If like me, you have little time for cooking and going to the gym, and you are on a tight budget, organise yourself once a week or every two weeks, cook and freeze meals in individual portions, get cheap equipment and search for work out videos on Youtube, etc.

bgo88m8u4630.png

Please, feel free to add me. Always looking for active friends. :)

Replies

• PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep going! I'm down to 26 from 32 so we're both doing good. Like you say it's more about your attention to detail than anything else and persevere, keep at it, have patience and it'll all be worth it. Well done again!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    PHOTOCHAP wrote: »
    That's great! Keep going! I'm down to 26 from 32 so we're both doing good. Like you say it's more about your attention to detail than anything else and persevere, keep at it, have patience and it'll all be worth it. Well done again!

Thank you! It took me a good while to learn how to log more accurately. I know it's silly, as it's common sense, but didn't realise in the beginning how what it seemed small variations with certain foods like a teaspoon peanut butter here and a bit of mayonnaise there, as well as overestimating exercise routines, could add enough calories to gain weight instead of loosing it. Personally, I found all the counting a bit of overwhelming in the beginning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!