Fell off the wagon - anyone else?

Options
I am feeling disgusted with myself. I was at 135.8 pounds less than 2 months ago and now I am back at 154 (F, 5'10"). There wasn't even a major trigger for me to fall off the wagon- I just ate out at restaurants a few times and it snowballed into me going back to eating anything I wanted. I tend to stabilize around 154 when I don't count calories, and I feel disappointed that I just started wearing the next size up pants/jeans a few weeks ago and didn't check myself then.

Anyone else fall off the wagon majorly and manage to get back on? Thoughts on getting rid of all the "next size up" clothes to help check yourself earlier or is this a bad idea?

Replies

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I went from 147 lbs to 154 lbs which took me forever to lose (I have PCOS) and now I have to lose them again. I'm thinking of going for a more aggressive deficit of 500 calories per day, maybe that's what you need too? Then once you see the scale moving it will motivate you to keep going. Yes get rid of the clothes size up...it's like you're trying to say you will keep going back to 154lbs? Honestly don't beat yourself up about it, you can only look forward now. The past is in the past.
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I would say I have fallen off the wagon, but i am certainly not eating the way I was a month ago. I am still eating in moderation and some of the healthy habits I picked up have stuck with me, so luckily my weight has only gone up a pound or two.

I am mostly discouraged at my lack of progress, I could be almost to my goal weight by now, and how sluggish I feel compared to how I was getting use to feeling.

My plan is to commit to staying within my calories and do some sort of exercise each day this week. Maybe set up some simple short term goals and pick some non food related rewards? Also, do what modevates you! Read a motivational book, listen to motivational speaking, look at others before and after pictures.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me twice. If I had not fallen off the wagon, I wouldn't have had the health problems I'm having now. Fear is a good motivator. I'm now back to losing the weight and staying on the wagon. And like 88olds said, even if you go over for a few weeks, doesn't beat yourself up and give up, just start logging again!
  • Copper_Boom
    Copper_Boom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Posting here for accountability to myself. The last few days, I've been eating EVERYTHING and am up to 141 pounds. I will curtail this today and eat at usual maintenance calories instead of continuing the trend and ending up in the 150s like I did a couple years ago. It's way too easy for me to think that I've already screwed up, so what's another day (and another day, and another day, and another week, and another week)...
  • robynmac5819
    robynmac5819 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    2017 in six months I went from 183 to 122 lbs. then I fell off the wagon, like I had flipped a switch. I went from running and walking alternating days and doing atrength and eating well balanced and logging food. To doing nothing and eating everything in sight. It was a number of reasons. Stress from some fairly major things going on in my life being one. Not being able to mentally change my workout habits to adjust to a change in schedules..... I ballooned back up in months. My weight hovered above 160 for a while. Then my dad died May 2019 after a long battle with awful heath problems. My weight got all the way up to 190 by April this year. I felt MISERABLE in health and mentally. It was awful. I was continually beating myself up and felt so incredibly discourage, depressed, upset with myself. I finally snapped myself out of it april 21st and just said enough was enough. I was never going to loose it if I was focusing on the mountain of loosing 70 pounds. I had to just focus day by day, small goal by small goal. Celebrate the small victories and TRY to live better daily.

Currently, I am at 135lbs. I’m 15 pounds from my goal. When I started, even this seemed almost impossible, I knew how much work it took, and it seemed too hard....it would take too long. But here I am almost six months later. I never would have gotten where I am right now If I had kept thinking like that. If I hadn’t just decided to start.

Anyways. A lesson I’ve learned and maybe it’s a bit hallmarky...but... Don’t be so hard on yourself. *kitten* happens. Life isn’t always easy. Sometimes we make mistakes and stumble. And that’s okay. What matters most is what you do about it now. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and take a step in the right direction for your health. This journey is definitely not a straight road.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Back on the wagon since June. Took a couple of failed starts to get this round going, and I'm feeling good now. I know I have to track everyday. When I let myself 'skip a few days' its a slippery slope. So yes, tracking it all - even if over calories - is a good habit.
  • mothermoose116
    mothermoose116 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was just coming here to post something similar. I fell off the wagon in September (it's been very stressful with back to school & kids sick). I gained 5 lbs 😣. I struggle to lose 0.5lbs a week yet it is sooo easy to gain a lb or more a week.

Sigh. Back at it I go.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    There is no wagon.

6pqan759kbnt.png