Have pork chops, need recipes!

Options
MeganReid1991
MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
I always make pork chops with mushroom soup but need more ideas because I have a lot because they were on sale!

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Sear chops in a skillet. Move to a nonreactive oven-safe pan. Smother in sauerkraut (to keep the chops moist for essentially no added). Bake until done. Serve with sauerkraut and roasted, steamed, boiled, baked, or mashed potatoes.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Seared pork chops and peaches
    1 tbsp canola oil
    2 pork chops
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
    2 peaches, pitted and sliced
    3/4 cup water
    1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
    Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, sprinkle chops with salt and pepper, brown chops 3 min per side, remove and keep warm, add inion to skillet, reduce heat to medium, saute 5 min or until browned, stir in peaches, return chops to pan, add water, cover and simmer over medium heat 2-4 min or until chops are done, sprinkle with basil
    2 servings, 260 calories each (so pick whatever side you'd like to go with)
    11 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 23 g protein, 17g carbs, 2 g fiber 200 mg sodium
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to make a glaze of 1/4 cup honey, 2 TBSP soy sauce, and a TBSP of minced garlic. I salt and pepper the chops, sear each side in a skillet for a few minutes, low heat and pour the glaze on top, cook until meat is done. Goes great with rice. (Some nights I just mix the glaze and throw everything in a glass dish in the oven instead of the skillet. Still yummy.)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am making this today (I am using a pork roast instead of chops but it works great either way): https://skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-sazon-pork-chops-with-peppers/

Here is another favorite that can be done with either roast or chops: https://myrecipes.com/recipe/caribbean-style-pork
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I love shake n bake pork chops!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Carnitas (pork tacos):
    Dice up the pork chops and cook in a non-stick pan (or use just a little oil)
    While the pork cooks, shred some cheese, cabbage, hot peppers (if you like those) and heat some corn tortillas.

When the pork is done, roll some tacos, serve with a green salad and enjoy.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    my hubby will get variety pack of seasonings (morroccan, orange ginger, etc) and sear it with a different flavor each night. The seasoning give a different enough profile to each serving.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's very tasty with apples and onions.

My only gripe with pork chops and that they really don't reheat well for leftovers - too dry!
  • TheFlyOnTheWall
    TheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas! I just bought 2 packages of the boneless loin chops at Costco last week (they were on sale) and each chop is like a mini pork roast LOL

• vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas! I just bought 2 packages of the boneless loin chops at Costco last week (they were on sale) and each chop is like a mini pork roast LOL

If you like boneless pork chops you may want to buy the entire boneless loin, both Costco and Sam's Club have these available. The cost per pound is less and you can cut the chops into any thickness that you prefer.
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Chops with Cinnamon and Coriander

bsruc17gvvjg.jpg

1 Lb Pork Chops ....... 1 tBsp Cinnamon, ground ....... ¼ tsp Sea Salt
    dash black pepper ....... 1 tBsp Coriander, ground

- Preheat broiler or grill to medium high. Moisten the chops by brushing
    them with cold water.

- Mix coriander, cinnamon, sea salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
    Rub the mix into the chops, fully coating both sides.

- Broil or grill 15 – 20 min's, turning occasionally.
    For added color, garnish with a few pieces of shredded carrot or thinly sliced onion.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    This recipe was probably one of the first ones I ever made after my now husband and I moved in together. It's still in the rotation 16 years later.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/pork-chops-dijon-7098
  • runnergirl089
    runnergirl089 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I keep it really simple because I don't have much time weeknights. I rub porkchops in olive oil and seasoning (usually cajun or creole). Sear them on each side in a very hot cast iron skillet. Then broil them on high for a minute or two on each side depending on the thickness. Easy