Confused with exercise

Options
Ok so do I eat the kcals I earn? I said no but someone else told me I must or my body will go into starvation mode. Don't know what to do for the best

If I don't eat them should I not track them or can MFP track but not add the extra kcals?

Replies

• What_you_eat_in_private
    Options
    Just found a video from @SideSteel so this answered my question.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    If you want a bit more freedom in what you eat, then eat back some or all of your exercise calories. If you are satisfied (not hungry and lots of energy) without eating them back, then you don't have to eat them.

As a sedentary older female, my maintenance calories are pretty low; exercise allows me to eat ice cream and drink an occasional beer, or just enjoy an occasional dinner out, without having to worry about gaining weight. I eat back all my intentional exercise calories and my weight is stable. I do know I wouldn't be able to do as much exercise as I do if I weren't eating to fuel my workouts. I am a runner who likes to do a marathon every year and a couple of HMs. It takes a lot of energy to maintain decent mileage year around. I couldn't do that on 1300 calories a day.