Zumba people: how much do you eat?

Options
So I recently bought the zumba dvds... I'm super excited to try them out! I hear that doing an hour of zumba can burn up to 800 calories, though. All my workouts up to now have burned a maximum of 400 calories, of which I eat back most but not all. How many calories do you guys eat? my base intake amount is currently set at 1290.

Replies

• suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to the fun world of zumba. I love it :) No matter how intense i do it, even i burn only 390 calories max per hour and i eat most if not more of them back. My current MFP goal is set to 1470, but i always net more than that because i also track my activity using fitbit and eat some of those back too. So i gross around 1700
  • curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So I recently bought the zumba dvds... I'm super excited to try them out! I hear that doing an hour of zumba can burn up to 800 calories, though. All my workouts up to now have burned a maximum of 400 calories, of which I eat back most but not all. How many calories do you guys eat? my base intake amount is currently set at 1290.

I eat the same amount.... 1290 unless if i am hungrier (then i will push it to 1400). i listen to what my body wants and make adjustments (within reason) based on that. i lost 50lbs with the help of zumba, walking, and the elliptical. =) feel free to add me so we can zumba together in spirit and also so you can get a better idea of my overall diet =)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Zumba DvD at home 300-400 calories, a great instructor = 500-700 calories! Seriously get in a class :)
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii game, and I burn anywhere from 500-700 cals an hour, depending on the intensity of the songs (700 being the very high intensity ones). I eat some of my calories back but usually not all of them. It depends on how hungry I am that day :)
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am off to my Zumba class now, and usually burn 500-600 cals in the hour.

I'm set to 1200 and usually struggle to reach it, but tonight, to reward myself for a good week, I plan to "eat" my cals back in the form of fermented grapes. Good quality New Zealand Sauvingnon Blanc that is.

ZUMBA!! :heart:
  • curtissoph
    curtissoph Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Zumba DvD at home 300-400 calories, a great instructor = 500-700 calories! Seriously get in a class :)

D'oh... I should have asked which was better before I splashed out on the DVDs. Student life... I saved up for ages for the DVDs. Oh well, at least they'll still have some effect and the world doesn't have to experience the mass of unco-ordination that is me.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Zumba doesn't burn that many calories, btw. Just sayin. You're better off shuffling for an hour. Now that's a workout
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Zumba doesn't burn that many calories, btw. Just sayin. You're better off shuffling for an hour. Now that's a workout

What?
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options

What?

Shuffling! Yes. Burns way more calories lol
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

LIES!

i have a heart rate monitor and i consistantly burn AT LEAST 300-400 calories during every 45 min session i do. Shuffle your butt outta this thread zumba hater.