Looking for community in general

Options
I am always up and down. And I just need some help staying motivated and consistent. Online friends to talk to and relate with during my journey. I’m trying to get from 230 to about 190 and then stay there. I am a Krump dancer, and need to be able to move and have more endurance

Replies

• Adele_D
    Adele_D Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Hey! Came to the right place! Gatta find your “why” and it makes it easier we as pals can only do so much! But being active on here is helpful 😊
  • Twinnbuxx
    Twinnbuxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I think that’s my plan is to maintain active in this app.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    For me, concrete reasons why I'm doing this work better than motivation. Your reason for wanting to lose weight and eat consistently is dancing. That's marvellous. And you have a ready made exercise that you love doing, so you're halfway there! What would it feel like if you could never dance again because your weight took away your stamina and your freedom to move?

You don't have to overhaul everything you eat, but you do have to eat less calories than you use over a long period of time. Whatever you eat, weighing (whenever possible) and logging everything you eat will help you to make adjustments to your overall diet. You don't have to cut out or restrict food, but you have to eat a bit less and adjust your portions. You can gradually replace calorie dense or less nutritious foods with more nutritious food if you want to.

You'll get a lot of advice on these forums, so make use of them, and don't make your weight loss journey harder than it has to be. As you start dropping the pounds, don't be disappointed with what seem like small losses. They're actually small victories. Stay in that "loss is loss" mindset instead of being tempted to give up because you "only" dropped a couple of ounces or a centimetre off your waist. You dropped it, and that's the main thing.

Aim to lose a maximum of 2lbs a week. Our weight fluctuates daily, so don't get obsessed about getting on the scales then feeling discouraged when it doesn't show a loss, or shows a gain. More than likely it will be temporary. Exercise causes water weight, for example, so even if it looks like you've gained, if you're eating at a consistent calorie deficit, your weight will eventually shift downwards. Keep going forward, be patient, and you'll reach your goal.
  • ewhall46
    ewhall46 Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @Millicent3015 Good post. Detailed, And very TRUE. Thanks for contributing.

I'm going to repost this as a reply to someone else and tag you. Good info for those looking for motivation. Gotta start w/the "why".
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ewhall46 wrote: »
    @Millicent3015 Good post. Detailed, And very TRUE. Thanks for contributing.

I'm going to repost this as a reply to someone else and tag you. Good info for those looking for motivation. Gotta start w/the "why".

Aw, thankyou!