muscle gain, how much monthly?

Hello everyone! I just Weighted my cell again, muscle gain on a month and 1-week 1 LB.
That sound correct for beginners? I am not 20 ’s anymore perhaps that has to do with my gain of muscle. I have bing working-out 3 days a week.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Hello everyone! I just Weighted my cell again, muscle gain on a month and 1-week 1 LB.
    That sound correct for beginners? I am not 20 ’s anymore perhaps that has to do with my gain of muscle. I have bing working-out 3 days a week.

You gained 1 pound in five weeks? Is that what you are saying?

Females can, when doing everything perfectly, gain approximately 0.25 pounds of muscle a week. So, you're on track apparently, assuming you're doing everything perfectly - progressive lifting program, small calorie surplus, and adequate protein intake.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Am I reading correctly you gained 1 lb total in 5 weeks? Does that match with your caloric surplus?

Here's a good read by Lyle McDonald on rate of muscle gain at various experience levels.

https://bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-gain-math.html/

Single point weighing isn't always the best as a measure for success do to the variability in scale weight due to hydration, food waste, glycogen levels, etc. If you really want to keep a close watch on your progress I would suggest weighing daily and tracking the moving average. This is easily done in excel or with an app like HappyScale or Libra.

• gisselleacuna
    gisselleacuna Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks for the answers. Yes, I gained a pound of muscle on 5 weeks. I was not sure if that is normal for females.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Thanks for the answers. Yes, I gained a pound of muscle on 5 weeks. I was not sure if that is normal for females.

but how do you know it is a pound of muscle and not a pound of fat? water weight? regular fluctuation?
  • gisselleacuna

but how do you know it is a pound of muscle and not a pound of fat? water weight? regular fluctuation?

• gisselleacuna
    I am trusting complete nutrition scale. You may be right, I don't know how accurate they are.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Could be, might not be. There really isnt a answer. Too many variables with the info given.